DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,713,521
|Abstract:||The present invention provides polypeptides including MCP1 fused, optionally, by a linker, to an immunoglobulin. Methods for using the polypeptides to treat medical disorders are also covered.|
|Inventor(s):||Chou; Chuan-Chu (Westfield, NJ), Bober; Loretta A. (Linden, NJ), Sullivan; Lee (Somerset, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
|Patent Claims:||1. An isolated polypeptide comprising a human MCP1 polypeptide comprising the amino acid sequence set forth in SEQ ID NO: 2 fused to a human immunoglobulin gamma-1 polypeptide
comprising the amino acid sequence set forth in SEQ ID NO: 7.
2. The polypeptide of claim 1 comprising one mature MCP1 polypeptide fused to one immunoglobulin.
3. The polypeptide of claim 2 wherein the MCP1 is fused to the immunoglobulin by a peptide linker consisting of the amino acid sequence Glycine-Serine.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the polypeptide of claim 3 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A composition comprising the polypeptide of claim 3 in association with one or more further therapeutic agents or a pharmaceutical composition thereof.
6. The composition of claim 5 wherein the further therapeutic agent is a member selected from the group consisting of aspirin, diclofenac, diflunisal, etodolac, fenoprofen, floctafenine, flurbiprofen, ibuprofen, indomethacin, ketoprofen, ketorolac, meclofenamate, mefenamic acid, meloxicam, nabumetone, naproxen, oxaprozin, phenylbutazone, piroxicam, salsalate, sulindac, tenoxicam, tiaprofenic acid, tolmetin, betamethasone benzoate, betamethasone valerate, clobetasol propionate, desoximetasone, fluocinolone acetonide, flurandrenolide, a topical steroid, alclometasone dipropionate, aloe vera, amcinonide, amcinonide, anthralin, betamethasone dipropionate, betamethasone valerate, calcipotriene, clobetasol propionate, coal tar, Dead Sea salts, desonide, desonide; betamethasone valerate, desoximetasone, diflorasone diacetate, epsom salts, fluocinolone acetonide, fluocinonide, flurandrenolide, fluticasone propionate, halcinonide, halobetasol propionate, hydrocortisone valerate, hydrocortisone, mometasone furoate, oilated oatmeal, petroleum jelly, prednicarbate, salicylic acid, tazarotene, triamcinolone acetonide, a mixture of hydrocortisone, dexamethasone, methylprednisolone and prednisolone, alefacept, etanercept, cyclosporine, methotrexate, acitretin, isotretinoin, hydroxyurea, mycophenolate mofetil, sulfasalazine, 6-Thioguanine, anakinra, injectable gold, penicillamine, azathioprine, chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine, sulfasalazine, oral gold, auranofin, gold sodium thiomalate, aurothioglucose, mesalamine, sulfasalazine, budesonide, metronidazole, ciprofloxacin, azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine or dietary supplementation of calcium, folate, vitamin B12, celecoxib, rofecoxib, valdecoxib, lumiracoxib, etoricoxib, efalizumab, adalimumab, infliximab and ABX-IL8.
7. An isolated polypeptide produced by a method comprising transforming a host cell with an expression vector comprising a polynucleotide encoding a polypeptide of claim 1 under conditions suitable for said expression and, optionally, isolating the polypeptide from the host cell.
8. The polypeptide of claim 1 wherein MCP1 is fused to the immunoglobulin by a peptide linker.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Centocor Inc||REMICADE||infliximab||VIAL||103772||001||1998-08-24||Start Trial||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2025-08-12||RX||Orphan||search|
|Immunex||ENBREL||etanercept||VIAL; SUBCUTANEOUS||103795||001||1998-11-02||Start Trial||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2025-08-12||RX||Orphan||search|
|Immunex||ENBREL||etanercept||SYRINGE||103795||002||1998-11-02||Start Trial||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2025-08-12||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.