Methods and compositions for targeting adipose cells in mammals
Methods and compositions are presented for use in diagnostic, imaging or targeting of therapeutic agents to treat obesity/adiposity-associated disorders, compositions and methods identify and use peptides to selectively target adipose tissue stromal cells in mammals.
Kolonin; Mikhail G. (Houston, TX), Daquinag; Alexes (Houston, TX), Zhang; Yan (Houston, TX)
BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SYSTEM (Austin, TX)
1. A polypeptide comprising the amino acid sequence selected from the group consisting of CSWKYWFGEC (SEQ ID NO:13) and SWKYWFGE (SEQ ID NO:14), wherein the polypeptide
binds to cells that express a proteolytic cleavage product of decorin (ADCN).
2. The polypeptide of claim 1, wherein the peptide comprises the amino acid sequence of CSWKYWFGEC (SEQ ID NO:13).
3. The polypeptide of claim 1, wherein said polypeptide is composed entirely of D-amino acids.
4. The polypeptide of claim 1, wherein said polypeptide is coupled to an effector agent selected from the group consisting of: an imaging agent; a cytotoxic agent; a pro-apoptotic agent; a fusion protein; a cytostatic agent; a cytocidal
agent; radioisotope; an adipose stromal cell (ASC) cell differentiating agent; mitotic inhibitors; antitumor agent; antibiotic agent; enzymes; chemotherapeutic agent; anti-angiogenic agent or a combination thereof.
5. The polypeptide of claim 4, wherein said polypeptide and effector agent are comprised of D-amino acids.
7. A method of treating cancer in a subject comprising administering an effective amount of a polypeptide according to claim 1 to the subject, wherein said polypeptide is coupled to an effector agent and wherein the subject comprises adipose
stromal cells in the tumor tissue.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the effector agent is a cytotoxic agent.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the effector agent is a chemotherapeutic agent.
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors.
Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data.
The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free.
thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user.
Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.
Alerts Available With Subscription
Alerts are available for users with active subscriptions.