DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,821,836
|Title:||SPARC binding peptides and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||The invention provides SPARC and Albumin binding peptides for the targeting of disease sites, such as tumors, with therapeutic and diagnostic agents. In particular, compositions comprising SPARC binding peptide-Antibody Fc domain fusion proteins and methods of their use are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Trieu; Vuong (Agoura Hills, CA)|
|Assignee:||Abraxis BioScience, LLC (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a mammal comprising administering to the mammal a therapeutically or diagnostically effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition comprising
a therapeutic or diagnostic agent coupled to a SPARC-binding-peptide (SBP) and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, wherein the SBP consists of any one or more of SEQ ID NOS: 1-112 or 117.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutic or diagnostic agent is a diagnostic agent selected from the group consisting of radioactive agents, MRI contrast agents, X-ray contrast agents, ultrasound contrast agents, and PET contrast agents.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition further comprises an albumin binding peptide (ABP) consisting of SEQ ID NO: 120.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the mammal is a human patient.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the SBP consists of SEQ ID NO: 1.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the SBP consists of SEQ ID NO: 2.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutic or diagnostic agent is a therapeutic agent selected from the group consisting of platinum compounds, antifolates, antimetabolites, antimitotics, DNA damaging agents, proapoptotics, differentiation inducing agents, antiangiogenic agents, antibiotics, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, kinase inhibitors, biologically active agents, biological molecules, hormones, peptides, antibodies, antibodies fragments and combinations thereof.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the therapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of radionuclides, adriamycin, ansamycin antibiotics, asparaginase, bleomycin, busulphan, cisplatin, carboplatin, carmustine, capecitabine, chlorambucil, cytarabine, cyclophosphamide, camptothecin, dacarbazine, dactinomycin, daunorubicin, dexrazoxane, docetaxel, doxorubicin, etoposide, epothilones, floxuridine, fludarabine, fluorouracil, gemcitabine, hydroxyurea, idarubicin, ifosfamide, irinotecan, lomustine, mechlorethamine, mercaptopurine, meplhalan, methotrexate, rapamycin (sirolimus), mitomycin, mitotane, mitoxantrone, nitrosurea, paclitaxel, pamidronate, pentostatin, plicamycin, procarbazine, rituximab, streptozocin, teniposide, thioguanine, thiotepa, taxanes, vinblastine, vincristine, vinorelbine, taxol, combretastatins, discodermolides, transplatinum, docetaxel, paclitaxel, taxanes, 5-fluorouracil, genistein, tTF, TNF, Smar1 derived p44 peptide, interferon, TRAIL, Smac, VHL, procaspase, caspase, and IL-2, a non-Fc domain antibody fragment, and combinations thereof.
9. The method of claim 7, wherein the therapeutic agent is an antibody fragment comprising a functional antibody Fc domain.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein the therapeutic agent is an antibody fragment which mediates one or more of complement activation, cell mediated cytotoxicity, inducing apoptosis, inducing cell death, and opsinization.
11. The method of claim 9, wherein the functional antibody Fc domain comprises SEQ ID NO: 118.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||Start Trial||Abraxis BioScience, LLC (Los Angeles, CA)||2028-12-05||RX||search|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||VIAL||103705||001||1997-11-26||Start Trial||Abraxis BioScience, LLC (Los Angeles, CA)||2028-12-05||RX||search|
|Genentech Inc||RITUXAN HYCELA||rituximab; hyaluronidase (human recombinant)||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||761064||001||2017-06-22||Start Trial||Abraxis BioScience, LLC (Los Angeles, CA)||2028-12-05||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech Inc||RITUXAN HYCELA||rituximab; hyaluronidase (human recombinant)||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||761064||002||2017-06-22||Start Trial||Abraxis BioScience, LLC (Los Angeles, CA)||2028-12-05||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|South Africa||201104122||Feb 29, 2012|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2010065954||Aug 05, 2010|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2010065954||Jun 10, 2010|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2010065969||Jun 10, 2010|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2010065969||May 12, 2011|
|United States of America||10053504||Aug 21, 2018|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.