DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,398,685
|Title:||Methods of treating pancreatic cancer|
|Abstract:||The present disclosure describes methods of treating pancreatic cancer and limiting over-expression of oncogenes, activating tumor suppressor genes or regulating signaling proteins in patients comprising administering compounds and pharmaceutical combinations as described herein.|
|Inventor(s):||Bekker; Petrus (Mountain View, CA), Miao; Shichang (Foster City, CA), Charo; Israel (Mountain View, CA), Schall; Tom (Mountain View, CA)|
|Assignee:||ChemoCentryx, Inc. (Mountain View, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of limiting over-expression of oncogenes, activating tumor suppressor genes, or regulating signaling proteins comprising administering to a patient in need
thereof an effective amount of a compound of Formula I: ##STR00027## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein R.sup.1 is halogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; R.sup.2 is hydrogen, halogen, C.sub.1-6 alkyl, C.sub.1-6 alkoxy, C.sub.1-6 haloalkyl,
C.sub.1-6 haloalkoxy, or --CN; R.sup.3 is hydrogen, halogen, or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; R.sup.4 is hydrogen, halogen, or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; each R.sup.5 is independently C.sub.1-6 alkyl, --OH, or --NH.sub.2; n is 0, 1, 2, or 3; and each of A.sup.1, A.sup.2,
and A.sup.3 is --CH-- or --N--, where at least one of A.sup.1, A.sup.2, or A.sup.3 is --N--.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sup.1 is halogen or methyl; R.sup.2 is halogen or C.sub.1-6 haloalkyl; R.sup.3 is halogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; R.sup.4 is hydrogen; n is 0; A.sup.1 is --CH-- or --N--; A.sup.2 is --CH--; and A.sup.3 is --N--.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is selected from: ##STR00028## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is ##STR00029## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the over-expression of oncogenes, inactivation tumor suppressor genes, or the deregulation of various signaling proteins resulted in diagnosis of pancreatic cancer for the patient.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient has been diagnosed with pancreatic adenocarcinoma, non-resectable pancreatic cancer, locally advanced pancreatic cancer, borderline resectable pancreatic cancer, locally advanced pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, borderline resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, metastatic pancreatic cancer, chemotherapy-resistant pancreatic cancer, squamous pancreatic cancer, pancreatic progenitor, immunogenic pancreatic cancer, aberrantly differentiated endocrine exocrine (ADEX) tumors, pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, an exocrine pancreatic cancer, pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia, intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms, mucinous cystic neoplasms, mucinous pancreas cancer, adenosquamous carcinoma, signet ring cell carcinoma, hepatoid carcinoma, colloid carcinoma, undifferentiated carcinoma, undifferentiated carcinomas with osteoclast-like giant cells, a pancreatic cystic neoplasm, an islet cell tumor, a pancreas endrocrine tumor, or a pancreatic neuroendrocrine tumor.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the pancreatic cancer is Stage I, II, III, or IV.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the administering to a patient in need thereof an effective amount of a compound of Formula I provides one or more of a decrease in tumor size, a suppression or decrease in tumor growth, no new tumor formation, a decrease in new tumor formation, an increase in survival or progression-free survival, no metastases, an increase in treatment options, delay in time from surgery to recurrence, reduction in jaundice, suppression of spread to liver, reduction in pain, improved appetite, improved digestion, reduction of gallbladder size, and reduced incidence of blood clots.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the patient achieves a complete response.
10. The method of claim 8, wherein the patient achieves a partial response.
11. The method of claim 8, wherein the patient achieves stable disease.
12. The method of claim 8, wherein the patient achieves a slower progressive disease.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound of Formula I is provided as a pharmaceutical composition for oral administration.
14. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered once a day.
15. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered twice a day.
16. The method of claim 1, further comprising administering to the patient one or more additional therapeutic compound.
17. The method of claim 16 wherein the one or more additional therapeutic compound is selected from one or more of a Btk tyrosine kinase inhibitor, an Erbb2 tyrosine kinase receptor inhibitor; an Erbb4 tyrosine kinase receptor inhibitor, an mTOR inhibitor, a thymidylate synthase inhibitor, an EGFR tyrosine kinase receptor inhibitor, an Epidermal growth factor antagonist, a Fyn tyrosine kinase inhibitor, a kit tyrosine kinase inhibitor, a Lyn tyrosine kinase inhibitor, a NK cell receptor modulator, a PDGF receptor antagonist, a PARP inhibitor, a poly ADP ribose polymerase inhibitor, a poly ADP ribose polymerase 1 inhibitor, a poly ADP ribose polymerase 2 inhibitor, a poly ADP ribose polymerase 3 inhibitor, a galactosyltransferase modulator, a dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase inhibitor, an orotate phosphoribosyltransferase inhibitor, a telomerase modulator, a mucin 1 inhibitor, a mucin inhibitor, a secretin agonist, a TNF related apoptosis inducing ligand modulator, an IL17 gene stimulator, an interleukin 17E ligand, a Neurokinin receptor agonist, a cyclin G1 inhibitor, a checkpoint inhibitor, a PD-1 inhibitor, a PD-L1 inhibitor, a CTLA4 inhibitor, a topoisomerase I inhibitor, an Alk-5 protein kinase inhibitor, a connective tissue growth factor ligand inhibitor, a notch-2 receptor antagonist, a notch-3 receptor antagonist, a hyaluronidase stimulator, a MEK-1 protein kinase inhibitor; MEK-2 protein kinase inhibitor, a GM-CSF receptor modulator; TNF alpha ligand modulator, a mesothelin modulator, an asparaginase stimulator, a caspase-3 stimulator; caspase-9 stimulator, a PKN3 gene inhibitor, a hedgehog protein inhibitor; Smoothened receptor antagonist, an AKT1 gene inhibitor, a DHFR inhibitor, a thymidine kinase stimulator, a CD29 modulator, a fibronectin modulator, an interleukin-2 ligand, a serine protease inhibitor, a D40LG gene stimulator; TNFSF9 gene stimulator, a 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase inhibitor, a TGF-beta type II receptor antagonist, an Erbb3 tyrosine kinase receptor inhibitor, a cholecystokinin CCK2 receptor antagonist, a Wilms tumor protein modulator, a Ras GTPase modulator, an histone deacetylase inhibitor, a cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A modulator, an estrogen receptor beta modulator, a 4-1BB inhibitor, a 4-1BBL inhibitor, a PD-L2 inhibitor, a B7-H3 inhibitor, a B7-H4 inhibitor, a BTLA inhibitor, a HVEM inhibitor, aTIM3 inhibitor, a GAL9 inhibitor, a LAG3 inhibitor, a VISTA inhibitor, a KIR inhibitor, a 2B4 inhibitor, a CD160 inhibitor and a CD66e modulator.
18. The method of claim 16 wherein the one or more additional therapeutic compound is selected from one or more of bavituximab, IMM-101, CAP1-6D, Rexin-G, genistein, CVac, MM-D37K, PCI-27483, TG-01, mocetinostat, LOAd-703, CPI-613, upamostat, CRS-207, NovaCaps, trametinib, Atu-027, sonidegib, GRASPA, trabedersen, nastorazepide, Vaccell, oregovomab, istiratumab, refametinib, regorafenib, lapatinib, selumetinib, rucaparib, pelareorep, tarextumab, PEGylated hyaluronidase, varlitinib, aglatimagene besadenovec, GBS-01, GI-4000, WF-10, galunisertib, afatinib, RX-0201, FG-3019, pertuzumab, DCVax-Direct, selinexor, glufosfamide, virulizin, yttrium (90Y) clivatuzumab tetraxetan, brivudine, nimotuzumab, algenpantucel-L, tegafur+gimeracil+oteracil potassium+calcium folinate, olaparib, ibrutinib, pirarubicin, Rh-Apo2L, tertomotide, tegafur+gimeracil+oteracil potassium, tegafur+gimeracil+oteracil potassium, masitinib, Rexin-G, mitomycin, erlotinib, adriamycin, dexamethasone, vincristine, cyclophosphamide, fluorouracil, topotecan, taxol, interferons, platinum derivatives, taxane, paclitaxel, vinca alkaloids, vinblastine, anthracyclines, doxorubicin, epipodophyllotoxins, etoposide, cisplatin, rapamycin, methotrexate, actinomycin D, dolastatin 10, colchicine, emetine, trimetrexate, metoprine, cyclosporine, daunorubicin, teniposide, amphotericin, alkylating agents, chlorambucil, 5-fluorouracil, campthothecin, metronidazole, Gleevec, Avastin, Vectibix, abarelix, aldesleukin, alemtuzumab, alitretinoin, allopurinol, altretamine, amifostine, anastrozole, arsenic trioxide, asparaginase, azacitidine, AZD9291, BCG Live, bevacuzimab, fluorouracil, bexarotene, bleomycin, bortezomib, busulfan, calusterone, capecitabine, camptothecin, carboplatin, carmustine, celecoxib, cetuximab, chlorambucil, cladribine, clofarabine, cyclophosphamide, cytarabine, dactinomycin, darbepoetin alfa, daunorubicin, denileukin, dexrazoxane, docetaxel, doxorubicin (neutral), doxorubicin hydrochloride, dromostanolone propionate, epirubicin, epoetin alfa, estramustine, etoposide phosphate, etoposide, exemestane, filgrastim, floxuridine fludarabine, fulvestrant, gefitinib, gemcitabine, gemtuzumab, goserelin acetate, histrelin acetate, hydroxyurea, ibritumomab, idarubicin, ifosfamide, imatinib mesylate, interferon alfa-2a, interferon alfa-2b, irinotecan, lenalidomide, letrozole, leucovorin, leuprolide acetate, levamisole, lomustine, megestrol acetate, melphalan, mercaptopurine, 6-MP, mesna, methotrexate, methoxsalen, mitomycin C, mitotane, mitoxantrone, nandrolone, nelarabine, nofetumomab, oprelvekin, oxaliplatin, paclitaxel, palifermin, pamidronate, pegademase, pegaspargase, pegfilgrastim, pemetrexed disodium, pentostatin, pipobroman, plicamycin, porfimer sodium, procarbazine, quinacrine, rasburicase, rituximab, rociletinib, sargramostim, sorafenib, streptozocin, sunitinib maleate, talc, tamoxifen, temozolomide, teniposide, VM-26, testolactone, thioguanine, 6-TG, thiotepa, topotecan, toremifene, tositumomab, trastuzumab, tretinoin, ATRA, uracil mustard, valrubicin, vinblastine, vincristine, vinorelbine, zoledronate, zoledronic acid, pembrolizumab, nivolumab, IBI-308, mDX-400, BGB-108, MEDI-0680, SHR-1210, PF-06801591, PDR-001, GB-226, STI-1110, durvalumab, atezolizumab, avelumab, BMS-936559, ALN-PDL, TSR-042, KD-033, CA-170, STI-1014, FOLFIRINOX and KY-1003.
19. The method of claim 16, wherein the one or more additional therapeutic compound is FOLFIRINOX.
20. The method of claim 16, wherein the one or more additional therapeutic compounds are gemcitabine and paclitaxel.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||Start Trial||ChemoCentryx, Inc. (Mountain View, CA)||2036-06-13||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||ChemoCentryx, Inc. (Mountain View, CA)||2036-06-13||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||ChemoCentryx, Inc. (Mountain View, CA)||2036-06-13||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.