DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,130,598
|Title:||Methods and compositions for administration of 3-halopyruvate and related compounds for the treatment of cancer|
|Abstract:||The present disclosure relates to the discovery that compounds of the invention, particularly 3-bromopyruvate and related compounds, can be safely administered at concentrations effective for the treatment of cancer when formulated with an acidity of greater than or equal to pH of 2 and less than or equal to a pH of 6. Disclosed herein are novel and improved methods and compositions for the treatment of cancer using 3-halopyruvate and related compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Geschwind; Jean-Francois (Potoman, MD), Vali; Mustafa (Baltimore, MD)|
|Assignee:||The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition formulated for oral administration comprising 3-bromopyruvate wherein the pharmaceutical composition has pH 3 to pH 5, and where the pharmaceutical
composition further comprises NaHCO.sub.3.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein a molar concentration of the pharmaceutical agent is within 5 fold of a molar concentration of NaHCO.sub.3.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein a molar concentration of the pharmaceutical agent is within 2 fold of a molar concentration of NaHCO.sub.3.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein a molar concentration of the pharmaceutical agent is about equal to a molar concentration of NaHCO.sub.3.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition has an acidity of pH 4.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further comprising a chemotherapeutic agent.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6, wherein the chemotherapeutic agent is selected from a group consisting of: altretamine, asparaginase, BCG, bleomycin sulfate, busulfan, camptothecin, carboplatin, carmusine, chlorambucil, cisplatin, claladribine, 2-chlorodeoxyadenosine, cyclophosphamide, cytarabine, dacarbazine imidazole carboxamide, dactinomycin, daunorubicin-dunomycin, dexamethosone, doxurubicin, etoposide, floxuridine, fluorouracil, fluoxymesterone, flutamide, fludarabine, goserelin, hydroxyurea, idarubicin HCL, ifosfamide, interferon alfa, interferon alfa 2a, interferon alfa 2b, interfereon alfa n3, irinotecan, leucovorin calcium, leuprolide, levamisole, lomustine, megestrol, melphalan, L-sarcosylin, melphalan hydrochloride, MESNA, mechlorethamine, methotrexate, mitomycin, mitoxantrone, mercaptopurine, paclitaxel, plicamycin, prednisone, procarbazine, streptozocin, tamoxifen, 6-thioguanine, thiotepa, topotecan, vinblastine, vincristine and vinorelbine tartrate.
8. A kit comprising the pharmaceutical composition of claim 1.
9. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 for use in a method of treating liver cancer by orally administering the composition cancer.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||See Pricing||The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)||2028-08-21||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2010021750||Feb 25, 2010|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2010021750||Jul 08, 2010|
|United States of America||2010137434||Jun 03, 2010|
|United States of America||2017224641||Aug 10, 2017|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.