Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Prodrugs of gaba analogs, compositions and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides prodrugs of GABA analogs, pharmaceutical compositions of prodrugs of GABA analogs and methods for making prodrugs of GABA analogs. The present invention also provides methods for using prodrugs of GABA analogs and methods for using pharmaceutical compositions of prodrugs of GABA analogs for treating or preventing common diseases and/or disorders.|
|Inventor(s):||Gallop; Mark A. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Assignee:||XenoPort, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 06, 2015|
|Claims:||1. A compound of Formula (I): ##STR00063## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein X is oxygen; n is 0; each of R1, R3, R6 and R7 is hydrogen; Y is oxygen; and R4 and R5, together with the carbon atom to which they are attached, form a C.sub.7-cycloalkenyl ring that is substituted with an ethanyl moiety. |
2. The compound of claim 1, comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
3. The compound of claim 2, wherein the salt is a benzene sulfonic acid salt.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
5. A method for treating epilepsy, depression, anxiety, psychosis, faintness attacks, hypokinesia, cranial disorders, neurodegenerative disorders, panic, pain, inflammatory disease, insomnia, gastrointestinal disorders or ethanol withdrawal syndrome in a patient, comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
6. The method of claim 5, comprising treating pain.
7. The method of claim 6, comprising treating neuropathic pain.
8. The method of claim 5, for treating anxiety.
9. The method of claim 5, for treating epilepsy.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.