|Title:||Prodrugs of gaba analogs, compositions and uses thereof|
|Abstract:|| The present invention provides prodrugs of GABA analogs, pharmaceutical compositions of prodrugs of GABA analogs and methods for making prodrugs of GABA analogs. The present invention also provides methods for using prodrugs of GABA analogs and methods for using pharmaceutical compositions of prodrugs of GABA analogs for treating or preventing common diseases and/or disorders.|
|Inventor(s):|| Gallop; Mark A. (Palo Alto, CA) |
|Assignee:|| XenoPort, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA) |
|Filing Date:||Jul 06, 2015|
|Claims:||1. A compound of Formula (I): ##STR00063## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein X is oxygen; n is 0; each of R1, R3, R6 and R7 is hydrogen; Y is oxygen; and R4 and R5, together with the carbon atom to which they are attached, form a C.sub.7-cycloalkenyl ring that is substituted with an ethanyl moiety. |
2. The compound of claim 1, comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
3. The compound of claim 2, wherein the salt is a benzene sulfonic acid salt.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
5. A method for treating epilepsy, depression, anxiety, psychosis, faintness attacks, hypokinesia, cranial disorders, neurodegenerative disorders, panic, pain, inflammatory disease, insomnia, gastrointestinal disorders or ethanol withdrawal syndrome in a patient, comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
6. The method of claim 5, comprising treating pain.
7. The method of claim 6, comprising treating neuropathic pain.
8. The method of claim 5, for treating anxiety.
9. The method of claim 5, for treating epilepsy.