Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Dose counters for inhalers, inhalers and methods of assembly thereof|
|Abstract:||A manually operated metered dose inhaler includes a dose counter chamber including a dose display tape driven by a ratchet wheel which is driven in turn by an actuator pawl actuated by movement of a canister, the tape unwinding from a stock bobbin during use of the inhaler, a rotation regulator being provided for the stock bobbin and including a wavelike engagement surface with concavities which engage against control elements in the form of protrusions on resilient forks of a split pin thereby permitting incremental unwinding of the stock bobbin yet resisting excessive rotation if the inhaler is dropped onto a hard surface.|
|Inventor(s):||Walsh; Declan (Co. Kilkenny, IE), Fenlon; Derek (Co. Wexford, IE), Kaar; Simon (Co. Cork, IE), Hazenberg; Jan Geert (Co. Kilkeeny, IE), Buck; Dan (Co. Waterford, IE), Clancy; Paul (Waterford, IE), Uschold; Robert Charles (Leominster, MA), Karg; Jeffrey A. (Hopkinton, MA)|
|Assignee:||Teva Pharmaceuticals Ireland (Utrecht, NL) Norton Waterford (Utrecht, NL) IVAX Pharmaceuticals Ireland (Utrecht, NL)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 11, 2013|
|Claims:||1. A method of assembling an inhaler having a body for retaining a medicament store, a dose counter having a moveable actuator, and a return spring for the actuator, said method comprising: locating an end of the return spring on a shelf on the body with an assembly tool; and withdrawing the assembly tool at least partly via a recess that is defined below the shelf. |
2. The method as claimed in claim 1, wherein the locating step further comprises engaging the assembly tool on a chamfered surface defined on the shelf.
3. The method as claimed in claim 1, wherein the shelf has a U-shape, and wherein the withdrawing step comprises withdrawing the assembly tool at least partially through a slot that is defined in the U-shaped shelf prior to withdrawing the assembly tool at least partly via the recess.
4. The method as claimed in claim 1, wherein prior to the locating step, the method further comprises the step of positioning the dose counter in a dose counter chamber of the body.
5. The method as claimed in claim 4, wherein the method further comprises mounting a cover on the body to conceal the dose counter chamber of the body.
6. The method as claimed in claim 5, wherein the mounting step includes mounting the cover such that it does not conceal a perforation that is defined at the open end of the dose counter chamber, wherein the perforation permits the evaporation of water or aqueous matter in the dose counter chamber into the atmosphere.
7. The method as claimed in claim 1 further comprising the step of mounting another end of the spring on the moveable actuator.
8. The method as claimed in claim 1 further comprising the step of heat staking a chassis of the dose counter onto the body.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.