|Title:||Auris formulations for treating otic diseases and conditions|
|Abstract:|| Disclosed herein are compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders with immunomodulating agents and auris pressure modulators. In these methods, the auris compositions and formulations are administered locally to an individual afflicted with an otic disorder, through direct application of the immunomodulating and/or auris pressure modulating compositions and formulations onto the auris media and/or auris interna target areas, or via perfusion into the auris media and/or auris interna structures.|
|Inventor(s):|| Lichter; Jay (Rancho Santa Fe, CA), Trammel; Andrew M. (Olathe, KS), Piu; Fabrice (San Diego, CA), Dellamary; Luis A. (San Marcos, CA), Ye; Qiang (San Diego, CA), Lebel; Carl (Malibu, CA), Scaife; Michael Christopher (Los Altos, CA), Harris; Jeffrey P. (La Jolla, CA) |
|Assignee:|| OTONOMY, INC. (San Diego, CA) THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA (Oakland, CA) |
|Filing Date:||Apr 21, 2009|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical intratympanic formulation comprising: a multiparticulate immunomodulating agent, or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof wherein the immunomodulating agent is in the form of non-coated micronized particles; and a polyoxyethylene-polyoxypropylene copolymer in an amount sufficient to provide a viscosity of between about 750 and 1,000,000 centipoise, or allow for injection through the tympanic membrane with a 18-30 gauge needle; the pharmaceutical intratympanic formulation having an osmolarity of about 100 mOsm/L to about 500 mOsm/L; wherein a single administration of the pharmaceutical intratympanic formulation provides sustained release of the immunomodulating agent into the inner ear through the round window membrane for a period of at least 5 days. |
2. The intratympanic formulation of claim 1, wherein the immunomodulating agent is released from the formulation for a period of at least 7 days following a single administration of the formulation.
3. The intratympanic formulation of claim 2, wherein the intratympanic formulation is an auris-acceptable thermoreversible gel.
4. The intratympanic formulation of claim 1, wherein the immunomodulating agent is an anti-TNF agent, a calcineurin inhibitor, an IKK inhibitor, an interleukin inhibitor, a TNF-a converting enzyme (TACE) inhibitor, or a toll-like receptor inhibitor.
5. The intratympanic formulation of claim 1, wherein the polyoxyethylene-polyoxypropylene copolymer is a poloxamer.
6. The intratympanic formulation of claim 5, wherein the poloxamer is P407.