Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods for treating HCV|
|Abstract:||The present invention features interferon- and ribavirin-free therapies for the treatment of HCV. Preferably, the treatment is over a shorter duration of treatment, such as no more than 12 weeks. In one aspect, the therapies comprise administering at least two direct acting antiviral agents without interferon and ribavirin to a subject with HCV infection. For example, the therapies comprise administering to a subject an effective amounts of therapeutic agent 1, therapeutic agent 2 (or therapeutic agent 3), and an inhibitor of cytochrome P450 (e.g., ritonavir).|
|Inventor(s):||Bernstein; Barry M. (Mequon, WI), Menon; Rajeev M. (Buffalo Grove, IL), Khatri; Amit (Waukegan, IL), Mensing; Sven (Mannheim, DE), Dutta; Sandeep (Gurnee, IL), Cohen; Daniel E. (Wilmette, IL), Podsadecki; Thomas J. (Chicago, IL), Brun; Scott C. (Green Oaks, IL), Awni; Walid M. (Green Oaks, IL), Dumas; Emily O. (Libertyville, IL), Klein; Cheri E. (Northbrook, IL)|
|Assignee:||AbbVie Inc. (North Chicago, IL)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 19, 2012|
|Claims:||1. A method of treatment for HCV, comprising administering at least two direct acting antiviral agents (DAAs) to an HCV patient, wherein said treatment lasts for 8 weeks and does not include administration of either interferon or ribavirin to said patient, and said at least two DAAs comprise PSI-7977 and an HCV NS5A inhibitor, and wherein said patient is a treatment-naive patient infected with HCV genotype 1. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said HCV NS5A inhibitor is Compound 4 ##STR00011##
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said PSI-7977 is administered at a dose of 400 mg once daily.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said PSI-7977 and said HCV NS5A inhibitor are co-formulated in a single composition and administered once daily.
5. A method of treatment for HCV, comprising administering at least two DAAs to a patient infected with HCV genotype 1, wherein said treatment lasts for 6 or 7 weeks and does not include administration of either interferon or ribavirin to said patient, and said at least two DAAs comprise PSI-7977, an HCV NS5A inhibitor and another DAA.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein said another DAA is Compound 1 ##STR00012## and said HCV NS5A inhibitor is Compound 4 ##STR00013##
7. The method of claim 5, wherein said PSI-7977 is administered at a dose of 400 mg once daily.
8. The method of claim 5, wherein said another DAA is an HCV protease inhibitor.
9. The method of claim 5, wherein said another DAA is an HCV polymerase inhibitor.
10. The method of claim 5, wherein said patient is a treatment naive patient.
11. The method of claim 5, wherein said patient is an interferon non-responder.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.