Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Controlled release corticosteroid compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein are compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders with steroid, NSAID, and/or adenosine triphosphatase ("ATPase") modulator agents. In these methods, the steroidal, NSAID, and/or ATPase compositions and formulations are administered locally to an individual afflicted with an otic disorder, through direct application of these compositions and formulations onto or via perfusion into the targeted auris structure(s).|
|Inventor(s):||Ye; Qiang (San Diego, CA), Dellamary; Luis A. (San Marcos, CA)|
|Assignee:||Otonomy, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A method for preparing a pharmaceutical thermoreversible gel formulation comprising multiparticulate dexamethasone comprising the steps of: (a) heat-sterilizing micronized dexamethasone; (b) sterile-filtering or heat sterilizing an aqueous solution comprising a thermoreversible polymer; and (c) combining the solution of step (b) with the heat-sterilized dexamethasone to achieve the pharmaceutical thermoreversible gel formulation having less than 50 colony forming units of microbial agents per gram of formulation and having a gelation temperature between about 19.degree. C. and about 42.degree. C. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the dexamethasone is heat-sterilized by dry-heat sterilization of dexamethasone powder at a temperature of between about 130.degree. C. and about 180.degree. C.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the aqueous solution comprising a thermoreversible polymer is heat sterilized.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the heat sterilization is carried out in an autoclave.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the aqueous solution comprising a thermoreversible polymer is sterile filtered at a temperature below about 19.degree. C.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the combining is carried out under aseptic conditions.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the thermoreversible polymer is a copolymer of polyoxypropylene and polyoxyethylene.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the thermoreversible polymer is Poloxamer 407.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the concentration of the thermoreversible polymer in the pharmaceutical thermoreversible gel formulation is between about 16% and about 21% by weight of the formulation.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the concentration of dexamethasone in the pharmaceutical thermoreversible gel formulation is between about 0.1% to about 10% by weight of the formulation.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical thermoreversible gel formulation is injectable via a 18-31 gauge needle at the time of administration.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.