Generated: April 26, 2017
|Title:||Controlled release auris sensory cell modulator compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein are methods for the treatment of otic diseases or conditions with intratympanic compositions and formulations of multiparticulate auris sensory cell modulating agent administered locally to an individual afflicted with an otic disease or condition, through direct application of these compositions and formulations onto or via perfusion into the targeted auris structure(s).|
|Inventor(s):||Lichter; Jay (Rancho Santa Fe, CA), Vollrath; Benedikt (San Diego, CA), Duron; Sergio G. (San Diego, CA), Lebel; Carl (Malibu, CA), Piu; Fabrice (San Diego, CA), Ye; Qiang (San Diego, CA), Dellamary; Luis A. (San Marcos, CA), Trammel; Andrew M. (Olathe, KS), Scaife; Michael Christopher (Los Altos, CA), Harris; Jeffrey P. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||Otonomy, Inc (San Diego, CA) The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 16, 2009|
|Claims:||1. A method of alleviating damage to auris sensory cells comprising administering to an individual in need thereof an intratympanic composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a multiparticulate non-microencapsulated otoprotectant, wherein the otoprotectant is a non-corticosteroid otoprotectant, and sterile water, q.s., buffered to provide a pH between about 5.5 and about 8.0; wherein the intratympanic composition provides sustained release of the otoprotectant in the ear for a period of at least 5 days following a single administration, and wherein the otoprotectant is a glutamate receptor antagonist. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the otoprotectant is administered before or during an otic intervention.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the otoprotectant is administered after an otic intervention.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the otoprotectant is essentially in the form of micronized particles.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the glutamate receptor antagonist is 1-aminoadamantane; dextromethorphan; dextrorphan; ibogaine; ifenprodil; (S)-ketamine; (R)-ketamine; memantine; dizocilpine (MK-801); gacyclidine; traxoprodil; D-2-amino-5-phosphonopentanoic acid (D-AP5); 3-((.+-.)-2-carboxypiperazin-4-yl)-propyl-1-phosphonic acid (CPP); conantokin; 7-chlorokynurenate (7-CK); licostinel; nitrous oxide; phencyclidine; riluzole; tiletamine; aptiganel; remacimide; DCKA (5,7-dichlorokynurenic acid); kynurenic acid; 1-aminocyclopropanecarboxylic acid (ACPC); AP7 (2-amino-7-phosphonoheptanoic acid); APV (R-2-amino-5-phosphonopentanoate); CPPene (3-[(R)-2-carboxypiperazin-4-yl]-prop-2-enyl-1-phosphonic acid); (+)-(1S,2S)-1-(4-hydroxy-phenyl)-2-(4-hydroxy-4-phenylpiperidino)-1-propa- nol; (1S,2S)-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(4-hydroxy-4-phenylpiperidino- )-1-propanol; (3R,4S)-3-(4-(4-fluorophenyl)-4-hydroxypiperidin-1-yl)-chroman-4,7-diol; or (1R*,2R*)-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methylphenyl)-2-(4-(4-fluoro-phenyl)-4-hydrox- ypiperidin-1-yl)-propan-1-ol-mesylate.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the multiparticulate glutamate receptor antagonist is a multiparticulate NMDA receptor antagonist.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the NMDA receptor antagonist is an arylcycloalkylamine or a quinazoline.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the individual is suffering from an otic disorder selected from excitotoxicity, sensorineural hearing loss, noise induced hearing loss, tinnitus, Meniere's disease, endolymphatic hydrops, vestibular neuronitis, and ototoxicity.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the intratympanic composition further comprises an auris-acceptable viscosity agent selected from poloxamer, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, hydroxyethyl cellulose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, carboxymethyl cellulose, polyvinyl alcohol, sodium chondroitin sulfate, sodium hyaluronate, acacia (gum arabic), agar, aluminum magnesium silicate, sodium stearate, bladderwrack, bentonite, carbomer, carrageenan, polyacrylic acid polymer, xanthan, cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), ceratonia, chitin, carboxymethylated chitosan, chondrus, dextrose, furcellaran, Ghatti gum, guar gum, hectorite, lactose, sucrose, maltodextrin, mannitol, sorbitol, honey, maize starch, wheat starch, rice starch, potato starch, gelatin, sterculia gum, xanthum gum, gum tragacanth, ethyl cellulose, ethylhydroxyethyl cellulose, ethylmethyl cellulose, poly(hydroxyethyl methacrylate), oxypolygelatin, pectin, polygeline, propylene carbonate, methyl vinyl ether/maleic anhydride copolymer (PVM/MA), poly(methoxyethyl methacrylate), poly(methoxyethoxyethyl methacrylate), hydroxypropyl cellulose, silicon dioxide, hyaluronic acid or its derivatives, alginate hydrogels, poly(glycolic acid), poly-d,l-lactic acid, poly-l-lactic acid, poly (d,l-lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA), or combinations thereof.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the intratympanic composition further comprises an auris-acceptable viscosity agent selected from carboxymethyl cellulose, polyacrylic acid polymer, hyaluronic acid or its derivatives and PLGA.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the intratympanic composition further comprises an auris-acceptable viscosity agent selected from carboxymethyl cellulose, polyacrylic acid polymer, and PLGA.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the rheology of the intratympanic composition is pseudo plastic.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the intratympanic composition is injectable via a 18-31 gauge needle.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.