Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein are analogs of tetrahydrobiopterin, compositions containing the same, and methods of treating an individual suffering from a condition responsive to tetrahydrobiopterin by administration of the analog. These analogs are contemplated for use wherever tetrahydrobiopterin is currently used to treat conditions responsive to tetrahydrobiopterin therapies.|
|Inventor(s):||Kakkis; Emil D. (Novato, CA)|
|Assignee:||BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc. (Novato, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 12, 2009|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating a BH4-responsive condition or disorder, comprising administering to a subject a compound having a formula ##STR00034## or a tautomer or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, or a pharmaceutical composition comprising 2'-O-Val-BH4 or a tautomer or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient, diluent or carrier; wherein the BH4-responsive condition or disorder is autism or hypertension. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the 2'-O-Val-BH4, or a tautomer or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, is administered in a daily dose of about 0.1 mg/kg to about 50 mg/kg in terms of BH4-equivalent amount.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound or pharmaceutical composition is administered daily in a single dose, in two doses, or in more than two doses.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound or pharmaceutical composition is administered orally.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the 2'-O-Val-BH4 has a formula ##STR00035## or a tautomer or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the 2'-O-Val-BH4 is a hydrochloride salt of 2'-O-Val-BH4.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the hypertension is recalcitrant or uncontrolled hypertension, pulmonary arterial hypertension, idiopathic pulmonary hypertension, or pulmonary hypertension in the newborn (PPHN).
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.