Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods for treating multiple myeloma using 3-(4-amino-1-oxo-1,3-dihydroindol-2-yl)-piperidine-2,6-dione follow by autologous stem cell transplantation|
|Abstract:||Methods of treating, preventing and/or managing cancer as well as and diseases and disorders associated with, or characterized by, undesired angiogenesis are disclosed. Specific methods encompass the administration of an immunomodulatory compound alone or in combination with a second active ingredient. The invention further relates to methods of reducing or avoiding adverse side effects associated with chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy or immunotherapy which comprise the administration of an immunomodulatory compound. Pharmaceutical compositions, single unit dosage forms, and kits suitable for use in methods of the invention are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Zeldis; Jerome B. (Princeton, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||May 08, 2008|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating multiple myeloma, which comprises: (1) administering to a patient having multiple myeloma (a) about 5 to about 5 mg per day of a compound having the formula: ##STR00009## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof for 21 consecutive days followed by seven consecutive days of rest from administration of said compound in a 28 day cycle, and (b) 40 mg of dexamethasone; and (2) followed by stem cell transplantation. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the multiple myeloma is refractory multiple myeloma or relapsed multiple myeloma.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the multiple myeloma is newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the multiple myeloma is refractory and relapsed multiple myeloma.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in the form of a capsule or tablet.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in a capsule of 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg or 25 mg.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in an amount of about 25 mg per day.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in an amount of about 15 mg per day.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in an amount of about 10 mg per day.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in an amount of about 5 mg per day.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the dexamethasone is administered orally.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the stem cell transplantation is autologous stem cell transplantation.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the stem cell transplantation is hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
14. The method of claim 1, wherein the stem cell transplantation is peripheral blood stem cell transplantation.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.