Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compounds for proteasome enzyme inhibition|
|Abstract:||Peptide-based compounds including heteroatom-containing, three-membered rings efficiently and selectively inhibit specific activities of N-terminal nucleophile (Ntn) hydrolases. The activities of those Ntn having multiple activities can be differentially inhibited by the compounds described. For example, the chymotrypsin-like activity of the 20S proteasome may be selectively inhibited with the inventive compounds. The peptide-based compounds include an epoxide or aziridine, and functionalization at the N-terminus. Among other therapeutic utilities, the peptide-based compounds are expected to display anti-inflammatory properties and inhibition of cell proliferation.|
|Inventor(s):||Smyth; Mark S. (San Mateo, CA), Laidig; Guy J. (Menlo Park, CA)|
|Assignee:||Onyx Therapeutics, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 08, 2005|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating bone loss, which comprises administering a therapeutically effective amount of a compound having the following formula: ##STR00024## pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the bone loss is associated with osteoporosis.
3. A method for treating graft-versus-host disease, which comprises administering a therapeutically effective amount of a compound having the formula: ##STR00025## pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A method for inhibiting antigen presentation in one or more cells, which comprises contacting at least one of the one or more cells with a compound having the following formula: ##STR00026## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the contacting is in vitro.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein the contacting is in vivo.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.