Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for inhibition of angiogenesis|
|Abstract:||The present invention comprises a group of compounds that effectively inhibit angiogenesis. More specifically, thalidomide and various related compounds such as thalidomide precursors, analogs, metabolites and hydrolysis products have been shown to inhibit angiogenesis and to treat disease states resulting from angiogenesis. Additionally, antiinflammatory drugs, such as steroids and NSAIDs can inhibit angiogenesis dependent diseases either alone or in combination with thalidomide and related compounds. Importantly, these compounds can be administered orally.|
|Inventor(s):||D'Amato; Robert J. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Assignee:||Children's Medical Center Corporation (Boston, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 10, 2008|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating a blood-borne tumor comprising administering to a patient having a blood-borne tumor who had no prior treatment for the tumor an effective amount of thalidomide and an amount of prednisone. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the blood-borne tumor is leukemia.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 0.1 to 50 mg/kg/day.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 0.5 to 50 mg/kg/day.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the amount of thalidomide administered is from 1 to 10 mg/kg/day.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein at least one of thalidomide and prednisone is parenterally administered.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein at least one of thalidomide and prednisone is orally administered.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the thalidomide and prednisone are simultaneously administered.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the thalidomide and prednisone are sequentially administered.
10. The method of claim 1, further comprising administration of an additional angiogenesis inhibiting compound.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.