Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Needleless syringe using supersonic gas flow for particle delivery|
|Abstract:||A needleless syringe having a membrane (28) which is ruptured by gas pressure to generate a supersonic gas flow in which particles containing a therapeutic agent are injected.|
|Inventor(s):||Bellhouse; Brian John (Islip, GB), Sarphie; David F. (Oxford, GB), Greenford; John Christopher (Abingdon, GB)|
|Assignee:||Powderject Research Limited (Oxford, GB)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 31, 2007|
|Claims:||1. A needleless syringe comprising: an energizing mechanism to provide a gaseous pressure; a particle cassette for holding particles to be injected; a nozzle configured to accelerate said particles; a silencer, downstream of said nozzle, for attenuating gas discharge noise; such that, upon activation of said needleless syringe, said particles are entrained in a gas flow, accelerated in said nozzle, and delivered to a target. |
2. The needleless syringe of claim 1, wherein said nozzle is a convergent/divergent nozzle.
3. The needleless syringe of claim 1, wherein said silencer also serves, in use, to space a downstream end of the nozzle from a target.
4. The needleless syringe of claim 3, wherein the spacing is up to 35 mm.
5. The needleless syringe of claim 1, wherein said silencer provides a tortuous path from a downstream end of the nozzle to at least one outlet to the atmosphere.
6. The needleless syringe of claim 1, wherein said silencer comprises a sound attenuating medium.
7. The needleless syringe of claim 1, wherein said particle cassette comprises particles to be injected located between two rupturable membranes.
8. The needleless syringe of claim 1, wherein said particle cassette, nozzle and silencer are made of plastics material.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.