Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Substituted indole-O-glucosides, compositions containing them, and methods of using them, for example for the treatment of diabetes and Syndrome X are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Beavers; Mary Pat (New Hope, PA), Patel; Mona (Belle Mead, NJ), Rybczynski; Philip (Branchburg, NJ), Urbanski; Maud (Flemington, NJ), Zhang; Xiaoyan (Belle Mead, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (BE)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 22, 2009|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating diabetes or Syndrome X, or associated symptoms or complications thereof in a subject, comprising (a) administering to said subject a jointly effective amount of a compound of formula (I) ##STR00048## wherein R.sub.1 is H, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, or R.sub.4R.sub.5N--(CO)--; each of R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 is independently C.sub.1-5 alkyl; R.sub.2 is H, F, Cl or C.sub.1-4 alkyl; R.sub.3 is H or C.sub.1-4 alkyl, provided that where R.sub.3 is C.sub.1-4 alkyl, then R.sub.2 is H; Q is --C(O)--, or --(CH.sub.2).sub.n-- where n=0, 1, or 2; P=H, C.sub.1-7 acyl, or (C.sub.1-6 alkoxy)carbonyl; Z is substituted or unsubstituted, and is selected from C.sub.3-7 cycloalkyl, phenyl, 5- or 6-membered heterocyclyl having 1 or 2 heteroatoms independently selected from N, O, and S, a biaryl, a 9- or 10-membered fused bicyclyl or fused heterobicyclyl, wherein said fused heterobicyclyl has between 1 and 4 heteroatoms independently selected from N, O, and S; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, thereof, (b) administering to said subject a jointly effective amount of a second antidiabetic agent, and (c) administering to said subject a jointly effective amount of a third antidiabetic agent. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the third antidiabetic agent is selected from (aa) insulins, (bb) insulin analogues; (cc) insulin secretion modulators, and (dd) insulin secretagogues.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is H.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.2 is H, methyl, or ethyl.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein Q is --(CH.sub.2).sub.n-- and n is 1 or 2.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is unsubstituted or independently substituted with between 1 and 3 substituents independently selected from C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, phenoxy, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, C.sub.3-6 cycloalkyl, halo, hydroxy, cyano, amino, C.sub.1-4 alkylthio, C.sub.1-4 alkylsulfonyl, C.sub.1-4 alkylsulfinyl, C.sub.1-4 aminoalkyl, mono and di (C.sub.1-4 alkyl)amino, phenyl, C.sub.1-4 alkylaminosulfonyl (SO.sub.2NHR), amino (C.sub.1-4 alkylsulfonyl) (NHSO.sub.2R), di C.sub.1-4 alkylaminosulfinyl (SONHRR), C.sub.1-4 alkylamido (NHCOR), C.sub.1-4 alkylcarbamido (CONHR), and 5-6 membered heterocyclyl containing between 1 and 3 heteroatoms independently selected from N, S, and O; and wherein the substituent(s) on Z can be further independently substituted with between 1 and 3 substituents independently selected from C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, halo, hydroxy, cyano, amino, mono- or di C.sub.1-4 alkylamino and C.sub.1-4 alkylthio.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is selected from 4-substituted phenyl, 3,4-disubstituted phenyl, benzhydryl, substituted or unsubstituted thiophene, biaryl, benzofuranyl, dihydrobenzofuranyl, 4-substituted pyridyl, benzo[b]thienyl, chromanyl, benzothiophenyl, indanyl, and naphthyl.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is unsubstituted or substituted with between 1 and 2 substituents independently selected from methoxy, ethoxy, fluoro, chloro, methyl, ethyl, propyl, butyl and isopropyl.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is biphenyl, 4-(3-pyridyl) phenyl, 4-(2-thienyl)phenyl, 4-(1H-pyrazol-1-yl)phenyl, 2-(5-phenyl)thiophenyl, (4-ethyl)phenyl, (4-propyl)phenyl, (4-methoxy)phenyl, dihydrobenzofuran-5-yl, or dihydrobenzofuran-6-yl.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is H; and R.sub.2 is H, methyl, ethyl, propyl, or isopropyl.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein Q is --(CH.sub.2).sub.n--; n is 1 or 2; and R.sub.2 is H, methyl or ethyl.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein P is H, C.sub.1-3 acyl, or (C.sub.1-3 alkoxy)carbonyl.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the diabetes or Syndrome X, or associated symptoms or complications thereof is selected from IDDM, NIDDM, IGT, IFG, obesity, nephropathy, neuropathy, retinopathy, atherosclerosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, hypertension, ischemia, stroke, heart disease, irritable bowel disorder, inflammation, and cataracts.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.