|Title:||Substituted fused heterocyclic C-glycosides|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to substituted fused heterocyclic C-glycosides, compositions containing them, and methods of using them, for example, for the treatment or prophylaxis of diabetes and Syndrome X.|
|Inventor(s):||Rybczynski; Philip (Branchburg, NJ), Urbanski; Maud (Flemington, NJ), Zhang; Xiaoyan (Belle Mead, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (BE)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 11, 2009|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating diabetes or Syndrome X, or associated symptoms or complications thereof in a subject, comprising (a) administering to said subject a jointly effective amount of a compound of formula IV: ##STR00017## wherein: one of the dashed lines between NR.sub.1 and X or between X and Y is present and represents a double bond, or both are absent; two of V, M, and W are H and the third is ##STR00018## R.sub.1 is C.sub.1-4 alkyl; or, where the dashed line between NR.sup.1 and X is present, R.sub.1 is absent; X is N, C.dbd.O, CH, or C-Q-Z; Y is N-Q-Z or C-Q-Z, where X is N, C.dbd.O, or CH; Y is CH, where X is C-Q-Z; Q=--(CH.sub.2).sub.n-- where n=1 or 2; P=H, C.sub.1-7 acyl, or C.sub.1-6 alkoxycarbonyl; Z is substituted or unsubstituted, and is selected from C.sub.3-7 cycloalkyl, phenyl, a 5- or 6-membered heteroaryl having 1 or 2 heteroatoms independently selected from N, O, and S, a biaryl, a 9- or 10-membered fused bicyclyl, and a fused heterobicyclyl, wherein said fused heterobicyclyl has between 1 and 4 heteroatoms independently selected from N, O, and S; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, thereof; (b) administering to said subject a jointly effective amount of a second antidiabetic agent, and (c) administering to said subject a jointly effective amount of a third antidiabetic agent. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the third antidiabetic agent is selected from (aa) insulins, (bb) insulin analogues; (cc) insulin secretion modulators, and (dd) insulin secretagogues.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the second antidiabetic agent is an RXR agonist.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the diabetes or Syndrome X, or associated symptoms or complications thereof is selected from IDDM, NIDDM, IGT, IFG, obesity, nephropathy, neuropathy, retinopathy, atherosclerosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, hypertension, ischemia, stroke, heart disease, irritable bowel disorder, inflammation, and cataracts.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is H or absent.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is independently substituted with between 1 and 3 substituents independently selected from C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, phenoxy, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, C.sub.3-6 cycloalkyl, halo, hydroxy, cyano, amino, C.sub.1-4 alkylthio, C.sub.1-4 alkylsulfonyl, C.sub.1-4 alkylsulfinyl, C.sub.1-4 aminoalkyl, mono and di C.sub.1-4 alkylamino, phenyl, C.sub.1-4 alkylaminosulfonyl (SO.sub.2NHR), amino(C.sub.1-4 alkylsulfonyl) (NHSO.sub.2R), di C.sub.1-4 alkylaminosulfinyl (SONHRR), C.sub.1-4 alkylamido (NHCOR), C.sub.1-4 alkylcarbamido (CONHR), 5-6 membered heterocyclyl containing between 1 and 3 heteroatoms independently selected from N, S, and O; and wherein the substituent(s) on Z can be further independently substituted with between 1 and 3 substitutents independently selected from C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, C.sub.1-4 alkyl, halo, hydroxy, cyano, amino, mono or di C.sub.1-4 alkyl amino and C.sub.1-4 alkylthio.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is 4-substituted phenyl, 3,4-disubstituted phenyl, benzhydryl, substituted or unsubstituted thiophenyl, biaryl, benzofuranyl, hydrobenzofuranyl, dihydrobenzofuranyl, 4-substituted pyridyl, benzo[b]thienyl, chromanyl, benzothiophenyl, indanyl, naphthyl, and 2,3-dihydro-benzo[1,4]dioxan.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is unsubstituted or substituted with between 1 and 2 substituents independently selected from methoxy, ethoxy, fluoro, chloro, methyl, ethyl, propyl, butyl and isopropyl.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein Z is biphenyl, 4-(3-pyridyl)phenyl, 4-(2-thienyl)phenyl, 4-(1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-phenyl, (4-ethyl)phenyl, (4-propyl)phenyl, (4-methoxy)phenyl, dihydrobenzofuran-5-yl, or dihydrobenzofuran-6-yl.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is H.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein n is 1.