Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
|Title:||Methods and compositions for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders|
|Abstract:||The present invention features compositions and related methods for treating IBS and other gastrointestinal disorders and conditions (e.g., gastrointestinal motility disorders, functional gastrointestinal disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), duodenogastric reflux, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, Inflammatory bowel disease, functional heartburn, dyspepsia (including functional dyspepsia or nonulcer dyspepsia), gastroparesis, chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction (or colonic pseudo-obstruction), and disorders and conditions associated with constipation, e.g., constipation associated with use of opiate pain killers, post-surgical constipation (post-operative ileus), and constipation associated with neuropathic disorders as well as other conditions and disorders using peptides and other agents that activate the guanylate cyclase C (GC-C) receptor.|
|Inventor(s):||Currie; Mark G. (Sterling, MA), Mahajan-Miklos; Shalina (Palo Alto, CA), Fretzen; Angelika (Somerville, MA), Sun; Li Jing (New York, NY), Kurtz; Caroline (Sudbury, MA), Norman; Thea (San Diego, CA), Milne; G. Todd (Brookline, MA)|
|Assignee:||Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 08, 2005|
|Claims:||1. A nucleic acid molecule encoding the peptide consisting of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:3. |
2. A vector comprising the nucleic acid molecule of claim 1.
3. An isolated cell comprising the vector of claim 2.
4. An isolated cell comprising the nucleic acid molecule of claim 1.
5. A method of recombinantly producing a peptide consisting of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:3, comprising expressing the vector of claim 2 in a cell.
6. The method according to claim 5, further comprising recovering the peptide.
7. The peptide produced by the method of claim 6.
8. A method of recombinantly producing a peptide consisting of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:3, comprising culturing the cell of claim 3 and expressing the peptide.
9. The method according to claim 8, further comprising recovering the peptide.
10. The peptide produced by the method of claim 9.