|Abstract:|| Compounds of formula ##STR00001## in free or salt or solvate form, where Ar is a group of formula ##STR00002## Y is carbon or nitrogen and R.sup.1, R.sup.2, R.sup.3, R.sup.4, R.sup.5, R.sup.6, R.sup.7, R.sup.8, R.sup.9, R.sup.10, X, n, p, q and r are as defined in the specification, their preparation and their use as pharmaceuticals, particularly for the treatment of obstructive or inflammatory airways diseases.|
|Inventor(s):|| Cuenoud; Bernard (Horsham, GB), Bruce; Ian (Horsham, GB), Fairhurst; Robin A (Horsham, GB), Beattie; David (Horsham, GB) |
|Assignee:|| Novartis AG (Basel, CH) |
|Filing Date:||Mar 07, 2005|
|Claims:||1. A combination comprising: (a) (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one, in free or salt or solvate form; and (b) a steroid. |
2. The combination of claim 1 wherein the steroid is selected from the group consisting of budesonide, beclamethosone, fluticasone and mometasone.
3. The combination of claim 1 wherein (a) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one maleate.
4. The combination of claim 1 wherein (b) is mometasone.
5. The combination of claim 1 wherein (a) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy- 1H-quinolin-2-one maleate and (b) is mometasone.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a combination of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
7. A method of treating a patient with an obstructive or inflammatory airways disease comprising administering to the patient in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective amount of the combination of claim 1.