Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Crystalline and amorphous forms of beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine|
|Abstract:||Physical forms of beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine are disclosed that can be characterized by physical appearance, purity levels, Infra-Red and Raman spectroscopy, X-ray powder diffraction patterns, thermal properties, and methods of manufacture. These forms of beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine can be used in the manufacture of other forms of beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine, or in pharmaceutical compositions. Particularly preferred uses are in the treatment of hepatitis B.|
|Inventor(s):||Jonaitis; David (West Lafayette, IN), Storer; Richard (Folkestone, GB)|
|Assignee:||Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 06, 2003|
|Claims:||1. Amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine. |
2. Amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine in substantially pure form.
3. A substantially pure amorphous phase of beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine prepared by quench cooling the melted beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine.
4. A process of preparing substantially pure amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine comprising: a) melting a beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine, and b) quench cooling the melt to avoid recrystallization.
5. The process of claim 4 further comprising cooling the beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine to below about 50.degree. C.
6. The process of claim 4 further comprising storing the amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine at a relative humidity below about 20%.
7. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound or composition of any one of claims 1 3, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
8. A method of treating hepatitis B virus comprising administering to a patient afflicted with the disease a treatment effective amount of the compound of any one of claims 1 3.
9. The amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine of claim 2, wherein the amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine does not contain more than about 5% of crystalline beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine.
10. The amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine of claim 2, wherein the amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine does not contain more than about 4% of crystalline beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine.
11. The amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine of claim 2, wherein the amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine does not contain more than about 3% of crystalline beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine.
12. The amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine of claim 2, wherein the amorphous beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine does not contain more than about 1% of crystalline beta-L-2'-deoxythymidine.
13. The method of claim 8, wherein the compound is administered in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein the carrier is suitable for oral delivery.
15. The method of claim 8, wherein the compound is administered in the form of a tablet, pill or capsule.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.