Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Pulmonary delivery of active fragments of parathyroid hormone|
|Abstract:||Systemic delivery of parathyroid hormone to a mammalian host is accomplished by inhalation through the mouth of a dispersion of an N-terminal fragment of PTH. It has been found that such respiratory delivery of the PTH fragment provides a pulsatile concentration profile of the PTH in the host's serum. PTH fragment compositions include dry powder formulations having the PTH present in a dry bulking powder, liquid solutions or suspensions suitable for nebulization, and aerosol propellants suitable for use in a metered dose inhaler.|
|Inventor(s):||Patton; John S. (San Carlos, CA)|
|Assignee:||Nektar Therapeutics (San Carlos, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 18, 2002|
|Claims:||1. A therapeutic composition in solid dose form comprising a bulking agent and an N-terminal peptide fragment of parathyroid hormone (PTH) as a bioactive agent, wherein said composition is a powder suitable for administration by inhalation, said bulking agent is selected from the group consisting of sucrose, lactose, trehalose, dextran and maltotriose, and said powder has a particle size between 0.5 .mu.m to 5 .mu.m. |
2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein said peptide fragment consists of the first 34 amino acids of SEQ ID NO: 1.
3. The composition according to claim 1, wherein said peptide fragment consists of the first 34 to 38 amino acids of SEQ ID NO: 1.
4. The composition according to claim 1, further comprising an additive to maintain or enhance chemical stability and physiological acceptability.
5. The composition according to claim 4, wherein the additive is a peptidase inhibitor.
6. The composition according to claim 4, wherein the additive is a chelating agent.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.