Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Stabilized gas emulsion containing phospholipid for ultrasound contrast enhancement|
|Abstract:||A gas emulsion forming composition comprising a dry, hollow, particulate, approximately microspherical material permeated with a gas or gas mixture, which upon dissolution in aqueous liquid forms a gas emulsion comprising a plurality of bubbles surrounded by a layer of at least a first and a second surfactant, wherein the first surfactant consists essentially of a phospholipid or mixture of phospholipids having at least one acyl chain which comprises at least 10 carbon atoms, and comprising at least about 5% w/w of total surfactant, and wherein the second surfactant may or may not be a phospholipid and is more water soluble than the first surfactant; kits for preparing such microbubbles; and methods for using such microbubbles as contrast agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Trevino; Leo A. (San Diego, CA), Schutt; Ernest George (San Diego, CA), Klein; David H. (Carlsbad, CA), Tarara; Thomas E. (San Diego, CA), Weers; Jeffry G. (San Diego, CA), Kabalnov; Alexey (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Imcor Pharmaceutical Co. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 28, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A system for providing an ultrasound image of at least a part of an object or body comprising: an ultrasound imaging apparatus; a kit capable of producing a stabilized microbubble preparation, conprising an aqueous medium, a gas osmotic agent, at least one phospholipid surfactant having at least one acyl chain of at least 10 or more carbon atoms and at least a second surfactant, wherein upon the application of energy the phospholipid surrounds the gas osmotic agent to form a microbubble, wherein the gas osmotic agent is selected from the group consisting of perfluorobutane, perfluorocyclobutane, perfluoropentane, perfluorocyclopentane, perfluoromethylcyclobutane, perfluorohexane, perfluorocyclohexane, perfluoromethylcyclopentane, perfluorodimethylcyclobutane, perfluoroheptane, perfluorocycloheptane, perfluoromethylcyclohexane, perfluorodimethylcyclopentane, perfluorotrimethylcyclobutane, perfluorotriethylamine, perfluoropropane and perfluorohexane. |
2. The system of claim 1 wherein the gas osmotic agent is selected from the group consisting of perfluoropropane and perfluorohexane.
3. The system of claim 1 wherein the kit further comprises a modifier gas selected from the group consisting of nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide or mixtures thereof.
4. The system of claim 3 wherein the mixture of the gas osmotic agent and modifier gas is effective to stabilize the microbubble preparation.
5. The system of claim 3 wherein the modifier gas is air.
6. The system of claim 3 wherein the gas osmotic agent is perfluoropropane and the second gas is nitrogen.
7. The system of claim 1 wherein the aqueous solution contains sterile water.
8. The system of claim 1 wherein the microbubble further comprises air.
9. The system of claim 1 wherein the gas osmotic agent is perfluoropropane.
10. The system of claim 1 wherein the kit contains a head space containing perfluoropropane gas.
11. The system of claim 10 wherein the head space contains air.
12. The system of claim 1 wherein the energy applied is mechanical energy.
13. The system of claim 1 wherein the energy applied is sonic energy.