Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Glycopeptide disulfide and thioester derivatives|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are disulfide and thioester derivatives of glycopeptides and pharmaceutical compositions containing such glycopeptide derivatives. The disclosed glycopeptide derivatives are useful as antibacterial agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Mu; YongQi (Los Altos, CA)|
|Assignee:||Theravance, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||May 01, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A glycopeptide of formula II: ##STR10## |
wherein: R.sup.3 is --OH; R.sup.5 is hydrogen; R.sup.19 is hydrogen; R.sup.20 is --R.sup.a --S--(CO)--R.sup.h ; R.sup.a is alkylene, alkenylene, alkynylene, cycloalkylene, cycloalkenylene arylene, heteroarylene, heterocyclene, --C(O)-alkylene, --C(O)-alkenylene --C(O)-alkynylene, --C(O)-cycloalkylene, --C(O)-cycloallcenylene --C(O)-arylene, --C(O)-heteroarylene or heterocyclene; and R.sup.h is alkyl, alkenyl, alkynyl, cycloalkyl, cydoalkenyl, aryl, heteroaryl, or heterocyclic; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, stereoisonier, or prodrug thereof.
2. The glycopeptide of claim 1, wherein R.sup.a is alkylene, alkenylene, alkynylene, --C(O)-alkylene, --C(O)-alkenylene, or --C(O)-alkynylene, and R.sup.h is alkyl, alkenyl, or alkynyl.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 3, where the composition further comprises a cyclodextrin.
5. The glycopeptide of claim 1, wherein R.sup.a is alkylene.
6. The glycopeptide of claim 1, wherein R.sup.h is alkyl.
7. A method of treating a mammal having a bacterial disease, the method comprising administering to the mammal a therapeutically effective amount of a glycopeptide of claim 1, thereby effectively treating the bacterial disease.
8. A method of treating a mammal having a bacterial disease, the method comprising administering to the mammal a therapeutically effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition of claim 3, thereby effectively treating the bacterial disease.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.