Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Chronic, bolus administration of D-threo methylphenidate|
|Abstract:||Chronic bolus administration of D-threo methylphenidate is provided. The administration of the D-threo isomer eliminates adverse side effects associated with the DL racemate, and provides improved effectiveness. The compositions and methods of the invention are useful in treating nervous system disorders including attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and cognitive decline associated with systemic diseases such as acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.|
|Inventor(s):||Dariani; Maghsoud M. (Fanwood, NJ), Zeitlin; Andrew L. (Millington, NJ), Zeldis; Jerome B. (Princeton, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celegene Corporation (Warren, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||May 24, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating at least one of attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or AIDS-related dementia, comprising the chronic administration of a compound having the formula: ##STR2## |
or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein R.sub.1 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, and R.sub.2 is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, substantially free of both l-threo and erythro forms thereof, said administration comprising a single, bolus dosage of said compound in each twenty-four hour period.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is administered orally.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is administered by injection or infusion.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said dosage is administered each morning.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is from about 0.01 mg/kg to about 1 mg/kg of patient body weight.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is from about 0.1 mg/kg to about 0.5 mg/kg of patient body weight.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage further comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said chronic administration gives rise to efficacious treatment of the disorder without interfering with patient sleep patterns or engendering anoretic behavior.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.