Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Chronic, bolus administration of D-threo methylphenidate|
|Abstract:||Chronic bolus administration of D-threo methylphenidate is provided. The administration of the D-threo isomer eliminates adverse side effects associated with the DL racemate, and provides improved effectiveness. The compositions and methods of the invention are useful in treating nervous system disorders including attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and cognitive decline associated with systemic diseases such as acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.|
|Inventor(s):||Dariani; Maghsoud M. (Fanwood, NJ), Zeitlin; Andrew L. (Millington, NJ), Zeldis; Jerome B. (Princeton, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celegene Corporation (Warren, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||May 24, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating at least one of attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or AIDS-related dementia, comprising the chronic administration of a compound having the formula: ##STR2## |
or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein R.sub.1 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, and R.sub.2 is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, substantially free of both l-threo and erythro forms thereof, said administration comprising a single, bolus dosage of said compound in each twenty-four hour period.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is administered orally.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is administered by injection or infusion.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said dosage is administered each morning.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is from about 0.01 mg/kg to about 1 mg/kg of patient body weight.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage is from about 0.1 mg/kg to about 0.5 mg/kg of patient body weight.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein said bolus dosage further comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said chronic administration gives rise to efficacious treatment of the disorder without interfering with patient sleep patterns or engendering anoretic behavior.