Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||An oral dosage form comprising fluvastatin and HPMC, which oral dosage form is color-stable upon prolonged periods of storage.|
|Inventor(s):||Kalb; Oskar Michael (Loerrach, DE), Valazza; Stephen John (Matawan, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
|Filing Date:||May 17, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A colour-stable sustained release tablet comprising fluvastatin, a hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose polymer, and a coating material; wherein the coating material comprises a hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose polymer in an amount of less than or equal to 73 weight percent, and a colouring agent in an amount of from 18 to 30 weight percent, wherein the weight percents are based on the total weight of the coating material. |
2. The tablet ac to claim 1 wherein the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose polymer in the coating material comprises up to 12 percent hydroxypropylfunctionality and has a number average molecular weight of about 20,000 to about 170,000.
3. The tablet according to claim 2 wherein the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose polymer has a viscosity of 100 to 100,000 centipoise as determined at a concentration of 2.0 weight percent of polymer in water.
4. The tablet according to claim 2 wherein the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose polymer has a number average molecular weight of 20,000 to 30,000.
5. The tablet according to claim 1 wherein the colouring agent is present in an amount of 22 to 25 weight percent.
6. The tablet according to claim 1 wherein the colouring agent is a combination of titanium dioxide and iron (II) oxide.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.