Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||GABA and L-glutamic acid analogs for antiseizure treatment|
|Abstract:||A compound of the formula ##STR1## wherein R.sub.1 is a straight or branched alkyl group having from 1 to 6 carbon atoms, phenyl, or cycloalkyl having from 3 to 6 carbon atoms; R.sub.2 is hydrogen or methyl; and R.sub.3 is hydrogen, methyl or carboxyl; which is useful in the treatment of seizure disorders. Processes are disclosed for the preparation of the compound. Intermediates prepared during the synthesis of the compound are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Silverman; Richard B. (Morton Grove, IL), Andruszkiewicz; Ryszard (Sopot, PL), Yuen; Po-Wai (Ann Arbor, MI), Sobieray; Denis Martin (Holland, MI), Franklin; Lloyd Charles (Hamilton, MI), Schwindt; Mark Alan (Holland, MI)|
|Assignee:||Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) Warner-Lambert Company (Ann Arbor, MI)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 04, 1999|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating a patient having Huntington's Disease which includes administering to the patient an anti-seizure effective amount of a compound selected from the following formula: ##STR12## |
wherein R.sub.11 is a straight or branched alkyl of from 1 to 6 carbon atoms, phenyl, or cycloalkyl having from 3 to 6 carbon atoms; R.sub.12 is hydrogen or methyl; and R.sub.13 is hydrogen, methyl, or carboxyl; individual enantiomers thereof; and
pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein R.sub.11 is a straight or branched alkyl group having from 1 to 6 carbon atoms.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the alkyl group has 4 carbon atoms.
4. The method of claims 1 wherein R.sub.11 is isobutyl.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein R.sub.13 is hydrogen.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein R.sub.12 is hydrogen.
7. A method of treating a patient having Huntington's Disease which includes administering to a patient an anti-seizure effective amount of the compounds 4-amino-3-(2-methylpropyl)butanoic acid.
8. A method a treating a patient having Huntington's Disease which includes administering to a patient an anti-seizure effective amount of the compound S-(+)4-amino-3-(2-methylpropyl)butanoic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.