Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical composition which comprises an insulin sensitivity enhancer in combination with other antidiabetics differing from the enhancer in the mechanism of action, which shows a potent depressive effect on diabetic hyperglycemia and is useful for prophylaxis and treatment of diabetes.|
|Inventor(s):||Ikeda; Hitoshi (Higashiosaka, JP), Sohda; Takashi (Takatsuki, JP), Odaka; Hiroyuki (Kobe, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 22, 2000|
|Claims:||1. A method for reducing the side effects of active components administered to a diabetic patient, which comprises administering to said patient a therapeutically effective amount of an insulin sensitivity enhancer in combination with an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor as said active components. |
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer is pioglitazone or its hydrochloride.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer is troglitazone.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer is 5-[[4-[2-(methyl-2-pyridylamino)ethoxy]phenyl]-methyl]-2,4-thiazolidinedio ne or its pharmacologically acceptable salt.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor are mixed together to form an admixture and the admixture is administered to the patient.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor are not mixed together but are administered independently to the patient.
7. The method according to claim 1, wherein the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of captopril, enalapril, alacepril, delapril, ramipril, lisinopril, imidapril, benzazepril, ceronapril, cilazapril, enalaprilat, fosinopril, moveltopril, perindopril, quinapril, spirapril, temocapril, and trandolapril.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.