Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for enhancing analgesia|
|Abstract:||A method of producing analgesia in nociceptive and neuropathic pain is disclosed. The method includes administering to a subject an omega conopeptide which is characterized by its ability to (a) inhibit electrically stimulated contraction of the guinea pig ileum, and (b) bind selectively to omega conopeptide MVIIA binding sites present in neuronal tissue. Also disclosed are novel omega conotoxin peptides effective in producing analgesia.|
|Inventor(s):||Justice; Alan (Sunnyvale, CA), Singh; Tejinder (Palo Alto, CA), Gohil; Kishor Chandra (Richmond, CA), Valentino; Karen L. (San Carlos, CA), Miljanich; George P. (Redwood City, CA)|
|Assignee:||Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 09, 1999|
|Claims:||1. A method of enhancing the analgesic effect produced by an opiate in a mammalian subject, comprising |
administering to the subject an effective dose of an omega-conopeptide having activity to (a) inhibit electrically stimulated contraction of the guinea pig ileum, and (b) bind to omega-conopeptide MVIIA binding sites present in neuronal tissue.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the omega-conopeptide activities in inhibition of guinea pig ileum and in binding to the MVIIA binding site are within the ranges of such activities of omega-conopeptides MVIIA (SNX-111) SEQ ID NO:1 and TVIA (SNX-185) SEQ ID NO:7.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the omega-conopeptide is selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NO:1 (MVIIA/SNX-111), SEQ ID NO:2 (MVIIB/SNX-159), SEQ ID NO:7 (TVIA/SNX-185), SEQ ID NO:30 (SNX-236), SEQ ID NO:32 (SNX-239), SEQ ID NO:33 (SNX-199) and derivatives thereof.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the omega-conopeptide SEQ ID NO:1 (MVIIA/SNX-111) or SEQ ID NO:7 (TVIA/SNX-185).
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the omega-conopeptide is administered intrathecally.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said opiate is administered at a submaxiaml dosage.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.