Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Dispersible antibody compositions and methods for their preparation and use|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to dispersible antibody compositions and methods for preparing and using these compositions. In particular, the present invention relates to dry powder dispersible antibody compositions wherein antibody conformation is preserved. The compositions have good powder dispersibility and other desirable characteristics for pulmonary delivery of therapeutic antibodies.|
|Inventor(s):||Platz; Robert M. (Half Moon Bay, CA), Patton; John S. (San Carlos, CA), Foster; Linda C. (Mountain View, CA), Eljamal; Mohammed (Tripoli, LB)|
|Assignee:||Inhale Therapeutic Systems, Inc. (San Carlos, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 16, 1997|
|Claims:||1. An IgG antibody-based dry powder composition for pulmonary delivery comprising a predetermined amount of IgG antibody which is non-aggregated and is in its native conformation in respirable dry powder particles having a particle size less than 10 micrometers wherein said composition has a delivered dose efficiency of at least about 30%. |
2. The composition of claim 1 which is dispersible.
3. The composition of claim 1 which further comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient or carrier.
4. The composition of claim 3 wherein the carrier or excipient is selected from the group consisting of sugars, alditols, organic salts, amino acids, polymers, proteins and peptides.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the IgG antibody comprises at least about 40% by weight of the composition.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein the particles in the powder have a particle size range of from about 0.4 .mu.m to about 5 .mu.m MMD.
7. The composition of claim 1 wherein the particles have an MMAD of less than about 5 .mu.m.
8. The composition of claim 1 which contains less than about 10% by weight moisture.
9. A method for preparing the composition of claim 1 comprising:
a) mixing the IgG antibody with a solvent to form a solution or suspension; and
b) spray drying the mixture formed in step a) under conditions which provide a respirable dry powder, wherein the IgG antibody is non-aggregated, is in its native conformation and wherein the resulting composition has a delivered dose efficiency of at least about 30%.
10. The method of claim 9 further comprising the step of adding a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient or carrier prior to spray drying.
11. The method of claim 9 wherein the solvent is selected from the group consisting of water and ethanol.
12. A method of treating or preventing a condition in an animal which may be prevented or alleviated by an IgG antibody, the method comprising pulmonary administration of a therapeutically effective amount of the composition of claim 1 to an animal susceptible to or suffering from the condition.
13. The method of claim 12 wherein the condition is selected from the group consisting of inflammation, allergy, cancer, bacterial infection and viral infection.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.