Generated: May 23, 2017
|Title:||Composition and method for treatment of psoriasis|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition for use in the treatment of psoriasis, having isopropyl myristate as its only active ingredient.|
|Inventor(s):||Glenn; Thomas M. (Houston, TX), Rosenberg; E. William (Memphis, TN), Skinner, Jr.; Robert B. (Memphis, TN), Noah; Patricia W. (Germantown, TN)|
|Assignee:||Panda Pharmaceuticals, L.L.C. (Memphis, TN) The University of Tennessee Research Corporation (Knoxville, TN)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 24, 1998|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating psoriasis comprising topically administering to a human having psoriasis an effective amount of isopropyl myristate, said isopropyl myristate being present in a topically acceptable pharmaceutical composition, said isopropyl myristate being the only active ingredient for the treatment of psoriasis in said composition. |
2. A method according to claim 1, said composition being at least 25 weight percent isopropyl myristate.
3. A method according to claim 2, said composition being at least 40 weight percent isopropyl myristate.
4. A method according to claim 2, said composition being 38-60 weight percent isopropyl myristate.
5. A method according to claim 1, said composition being at least 38 weight percent isopropyl myristate, at least 40 weight percent of said composition being water, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, or any combination thereof.
6. A method according to claim 5, said composition being 38-60 weight percent isopropyl myristate, 1.5-10 weight percent water, and 35-60 weight percent ethanol.
7. A method according to claim 6, said composition further comprising an effective amount of emulsifier.
8. A pharmaceutical composition in a pump spray, said composition consisting essentially of 38-60 weight percent isopropyl myristate, 1.5-10 weight percent water, 35-60 weight percent ethanol, and an effective amount of emulsifier, said composition being effective for the treatment of psoriasis.
9. A composition according to claim 8, said emulsifier comprising sodium lauryl sulfate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.