Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of resolution of 1,3-oxathiolane nucleoside enantiomers|
|Abstract:||A process for the resolution of a racemic mixture of nucleoside enantiomers that includes the step of exposing the racemic mixture to an enzyme that preferentially catalyzes a reaction in one of the enantiomers. The nucleoside enantiomer (-)-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane is an effective antiviral agent against HIV, HBV, and other viruses replicating in a similar manner. In particular, deaminase, PPL, PLE and subtilisn are used to resolve 1,3-oxathiolane nucleoside enantiomers.|
|Inventor(s):||Liotta; Dennis C. (McDonough, GA), Schinazi; Raymond F. (Decatur, GA), Choi; Woo-Baeg (North Brunswick, NJ), Cheng; Yung-Chi (Woodbridge, CT)|
|Assignee:||Emory University (Atlanta, GA) Yale University (New Haven, CT)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method for the resolution of a .beta.-1,3-oxathiolane pyrimidine nucleoside, comprising the steps of selectively hydrolyzing a 5'-O-acyl derivative of the nucleoside with an enzyme selected from the group consisting of pig liver esterase, porcine pancreatic lipase, and subtilisin. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the enzyme is pig liver esterase.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the enzyme is porcine pancreatic lipase.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the enzyme is subtilisin.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the 5'-O-acyl group is the residue of an alkyl carboxylic acid selected from the group consisting of acetic acid, propionic acid, butyric acid, and pentanoic acid.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the 5'-O-acyl group is acetic acid.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the 5'-O-acyl group is propionic acid.
8. The method of claim 5, wherein the 5'-O-acyl group is butyric acid.
9. The method of claim 5, wherein the 5'-O-acyl group is pentanoic acid.
10. A method for the resolution of cis-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(cytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane comprising selectively deaminating it with cytidine deaminase.
11. A method for the resolution of cis-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane comprising selectively deaminating it with cytidine deaminase.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.