DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Quinoline carboxylic acid derivatives having 7-(4-amino-methyl-3-oxime)pyrrolidine substituent and processes for preparing thereof|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a novel quinolone compound having an excellent antibacterial activity. More specifically, the present invention relates to a novel quinoline(naphthyridine)carboxylic acid derivative represented by the following formula (I), which has an 4-aminomethyl-3-oximepyrrolidine substituent on 7-position of the quinolone nucleus and shows a superior antibacterial activity in contrast to the known quinolone antibactrial agents having a weak activity against gram-positive bacterial strains and also has a broad antibacterial spectrum and a highly improved pharmacokinetic property: ##STR1## wherein R, R.sub.1, R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.4 and Q are defined as described in the specification.|
|Inventor(s):||Hong; Chang Yong (Daejeon, KR), Kim; Young Kwan (Bucheon, KR), Chang; Jay Hyok (Daejeon, KR), Kim; Se Ho (Seoul, KR), Choi; Hoon (Daejeon, KR), Nam; Do Hyun (Daejeon, KR), Kwak; Jin Hwan (Daejeon, KR), Jeong; Yi Na (Daejeon, KR), Oh; Jeong In (Daejeon, KR), Kim; Mu Yong (Daejeon, KR)|
|Assignee:||LG Chemical Ltd. (Seoul, KR)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 30, 1997|
|Claims:||1. A quinoline(naphthyridine)carboxylic acid compound represented by the following formula (I): ##STR267## and its pharmaceutically acceptable non-toxic salt, its physiologically hydrolyzable ester, solvate and isomer, in which |
R represents hydrogen, methyl or amino;
Q represents C--H, C--F, C--Cl, C--OH, C--CH.sub.3, or C--O--CH.sub.3
R.sub.1 represents cyclopropyl, ethyl, or phenyl which is substituted with one or more fluorine atom(s);
R.sub.2 represents one of the following a) through e):
a) hydrogen, straight or branched C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, cyclopropyl, cyclopropylmethyl, C.sub.3 -C.sub.6 alkynyl, 2-haloethyl, methoxymethyl, methoxycarbonylmethyl, aryl or allyl,
b) a group of the following formula (1), ##STR268## wherein X represents hydrogen, 2, 3 or 4-fluoro, cyano, nitro, methoxy, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, or 2,4-difluoro,
c) a group of the following formula (2), ##STR269## d) a heteroarylmethyl of the following formula (3), ##STR270## e) a group of the following formula (4), ##STR271## wherein n denotes 0 or 1, m denotes 0, 1 or 2 and X represents methylene, O or N, and
R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 independently of one another represent hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.3 alkyl or R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 together with a nitrogen atom to which they are attached can form a ring.
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein Q represents C--H, C--F, C--Cl, or C--OMe, R represents hydrogen or amino, R.sub.1 represents cyclopropyl or 2,4-difluorophenyl, and R.sub.2 represents hydrogen, methyl, isopropyl, t-butyl, phenyl, homopropargyl, 2-fluoroethyl, benzyl, 2-fluorobenzyl, 2-methylbenzyl or 2-methoxybenzyl.
3. The compound of claim 2, wherein Q represents C--H, C--F, or C--Cl, R represents hydrogen or amino, R.sub.1 represents cyclopropyl and R.sub.2 represents methyl, t-butyl, homopropargyl, 2-fluoroethyl, benzyl, 2-fluorobenzyl or 2-methoxybenzyl.
4. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 are hydrogen.
5. An antibacterial composition comprising as an active component the compound of formula (I) as defined in claim 1, together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
6. The composition of claim 5 comprising 1 to 100 mg of the compound of formula (I) in a unit dosage form.