Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||Process for preparing pure salts of pyridinylmethyl-sulfinyl-1H-benzimidazole|
|Abstract:||The novel optically pure compounds Na.sup.+, Mg.sup.2+, Li.sup.+, K.sup.+, Ca.sup.2+ and N.sup.+ (R).sub.4 salts of (+)-5-methoxy-2-[[(4-methoxy-3,5-dimethyl-2-pyridinyl)methyl]sulfinyl]-1H- benzimidazole or (-)-5-methoxy-2-[[(4-methoxy-3,5-dimethyl-2-pyridinyl)methyl]sulfinyl]-1H- benzimidazole, where R is an alkyl with 1-4 carbon atoms, processes for the preparation thereof and pharmaceutical preparations containing the compounds as active ingredients, as well as the use of the compounds in pharmaceutical preparations and intermediates obtained by preparing the compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Von Unge; Sverker (Fjar.ang.s, SE)|
|Assignee:||Astra Aktiebolag (Sodertalje, SE)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 28, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A process for the preparation of (+)-5-methoxy-2-(((4-methoxy-3,5-dimethyl-2-pyridinyl)methyl)sulphinyl)-1H -benzimidazole and (-)-5-methoxy-2-(((4-methoxy-3,5-dimethyl-2-pyridinyl)methyl)sulphinyl)-1H -benzimidazole enantiomers comprising: separating a diastereomeric ester of formula IV ##STR5## wherein Acyl designates a chiral acyl group, having either R or S configuration; and dissolving each of the separated diastereomers in an alkaline solution of above about pH 7 so as to hydrolyze the acyloxymethyl group off from the separated diastereomers to give the optically pure intact enantiomers which are neutralized with a neutralizing agent which can be an acid or an ester; the pH being maintained at or above about 7 throughout the process. |
2. The process according to claim 1 wherein the diastereomers are separated by chromatography or fractional crystallization.
3. The process according to claim 1 wherein the solvolysis is performed in alkaline solution wherein the pH is more than about 7, containing a base in a protic solvent or a base in an aprotic solvent.
4. The process according to claim 1 wherein the chiral acyl group is mandeloyl.
5. The process according to claim 1 or 3 wherein the protic solvent comprises alcohols or water; and wherein the aprotic solvent comprises dimethyl sulfoxide or dimethylformamide.
6. The process according to claim 1 wherein the neutralizing agent is methyl formate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.