Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||High-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to immunoglobulin E (IgE)|
|Abstract:||This invention discloses high-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to human Immunoglobulin E (IgE), specifically RNA and ssDNA ligands having the ability to bind to IgE, and the methods for obtaining such ligands. The ligands are capable of inhibiting the interaction of IgE with its receptor.|
|Inventor(s):||Wiegand; Torsten Walter (Boulder, CO), Tasset; Diane (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 06, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A nucleic acid ligand to the F.sub.c portion of IgE identified according to the method comprising: |
a) preparing a candidate mixture of nucleic acids;
b) contacting said candidate mixture of nucleic acids with IgE, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to IgE relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
d) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acids with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to IgE, whereby a nucleic acid ligand to IgE may be identified.
2. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 wherein said nucleic acid ligand comprises 2'-amino (2'-NH.sub.2) modified ribonucleic acids.
3. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring RNA ligand to IgE wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of the sequences set forth in Table 1.
4. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring RNA ligand to IgE comprising the sequences selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NOS: 45 and 46.
5. The ligand of claim 4 comprising the sequence of SEQ ID NO:45.
6. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring DNA ligand to IgE wherein said ligand is selected from the group consisting of the sequences set forth in Tables 5 and 6.
7. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand to the F.sub.c portion of IgE.