Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Nucleic acid ligands|
|Abstract:||A new class of nucleic acid compounds, referred to as nucleic acid antibodies, have been shown to exist that have a specific binding affinity for three dimensional molecular targets. In a preferred embodiment the ligand components of the nucleic acid antibodies are identified by the method of the invention referred to as the Systematic Evolution of Ligands by EXponential enrichment (SELEX), wherein a candidate mixture of nucleic acids are iteratively enriched in high affinity nucleic acids and amplified for further partitioning.|
|Inventor(s):||Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO), Tuerk; Craig (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 27, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A non-naturally occurring nucleic acid ligand having a specific binding affinity for a target molecule, said target molecule being a protein, wherein said nucleic acid ligand is not a nucleic acid having the known physiological function of being bound by the target molecule. |
2. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is selected from the group consisting of single-stranded RNA, double-stranded RNA, single-stranded DNA and double-stranded DNA.
3. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is single-stranded.
4. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 3 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is RNA.
5. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 3 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is DNA.
6. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 1 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is double stranded.
7. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 6 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is RNA.
8. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 6 wherein said nucleic acid ligand is DNA.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.