Generated: April 24, 2017
|Title:||Methods for the preparation of immunostimulating agents for in vivo delivery|
|Abstract:||In accordance with the present invention, there are provided compositions useful for the in vivo delivery of a biologic, wherein the biologic is associated with a polymeric shell formulated from a biocompatible material. The biologic can be associated with the polymeric shell itself, and/or the biologic, optionally suspended/dispersed in a biocompatible dispersing agent, can be encased by the polymeric shell. In another aspect, the biologic associated with polymeric shell is administered to a subject, optionally dispersed in a suitable biocompatible liquid.|
|Inventor(s):||Grinstaff; Mark W. (Pasadena, CA), Soon-Shiong; Patrick (Los Angeles, CA), Wong; Michael (Champagne, IL), Sandford; Paul A. (Los Angeles, CA), Suslick; Kenneth S. (Champagne, IL), Desai; Neil P. (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Assignee:||Vivorx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Santa Monica, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method for the preparation of immunostimulating agents for in vivo delivery, wherein said method comprises subjecting aqueous medium containing biocompatible material capable of being crosslinked by disulfide bonds and an immunostimulating agent to high intensity ultrasound conditions for a time sufficient to promote crosslinking of said biocompatible material by disulfide bonds; |
wherein said immunostimulating agent is substantially completely contained within a polymeric shell, and
wherein the largest cross-sectional dimension of said shell is no greater than about 10 microns.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein said biocompatible material is a naturally occurring polymer, a synthetic polymer, or a combination thereof,
wherein said polymer, prior to crosslinking, has covalently attached thereto sulfhydryl groups or disulfide linkages.
3. The method according to claim 2, wherein said naturally occurring polymer is selected from proteins containing sulfhydryl groups and/or disulfide groups, polypeptides containing sulfhydryl groups and/or disulfide groups, lipids containing sulfhydryl groups and/or disulfide groups, polynucleic acids containing sulfhydryl groups and/or disulfide groups, or polysaccharides containing sulfhydryl groups and/or disulfide groups.
4. The method according to claim 3, wherein said protein is selected from hemoglobin, myoglobin, albumin, insulin, lysozyme, immunoglobulins, alpha-2-macroglobulin, fibronectin, vitronectin, fibrinogen, or combinations of any two or more thereof.
5. The method according to claim 4, wherein said protein is albumin.
6. The method according to claim 4, wherein said protein is hemoglobin.
7. The method according to claim 4, wherein said protein is a combination of albumin and hemoglobin.
8. The method according to claim 1, wherein said immunostimulating agent is a vaccine.
9. A method for the delivery of an immunostimulating agent to a subject in need thereof, said method comprising administering to said subject the immunostimulating agent prepared by the method of claim 1 by oral, intravenous, subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, intrathecal, intramuscular, intracranial, inhalational, topical, transdermal, suppository (rectal), or pessary (vaginal) routes of administration.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.