Generated: May 27, 2017
|Title:||Method of formulating IGF-I with growth hormone|
|Abstract:||A formulation for IGF-I is disclosed that is useful in treating hyperglycemic disorders and, in combination with growth hormone, in enhancing growth of a mammal. Also disclosed is a process for preparing a formulation of growth hormone and IGF-I from the IGF-I formulation. The IGF-I formulation comprises about 2-20 mg/ml of IGF-I, about 2-50 mg/ml of an osmolyte, about 1-15 mg/ml of a stabilizer, and a buffered solution at about pH 5-5.5, optionally with a surfactant.|
|Inventor(s):||Clark; Ross G. (Pacifica, CA), Yeung; Douglas A. (Fremont, CA), Oeswein; James Q. (Moss Beach, CA)|
|Assignee:||Genentech, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 02, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A process for preparing a formulation comprising mixing an IGF-I-containing composition comprising about 2-20 mg/ml of IGF-I, about 2-50 mg/ml of an osmolyte, about 1-15 mg/ml of a stabilizer, and a buffered solution at about pH. 5-5.5 with a buffered solution comprising growth hormone at pH about 6 in a dose (mg) ratio of from about 2:1 to 100:1 IGF-I:growth hormone up to a dose no greater than about 5 mg/ml of growth hormone. |
2. The process of claim 1 wherein the osmolyte in the IGF-I-containing composition is sodium chloride or mannitol and the stabilizer is benzyl alcohol or phenol or both.
3. The process of claim 2 wherein the buffered solution of growth hormone comprises about 1 to 10 mg/ml growth hormone in about 5 to 15 mg/ml of an inorganic salt, about 1-5 mg/ml of a stabilizer, about 1-5 mg/ml of a surfactant, and sodium citrate buffer at about pH 6.
4. The process of claim 3 wherein the buffered solution of growth hormone comprises about 3-5 mg/ml growth hormone, about 8-9 mg/ml of sodium chloride, about 1-3 mg/ml of phenol, about 1-3 mg/ml of polysorbate 20, and about 10 mM sodium citrate, about pH 6.
5. The process of claim 1 further comprising storing the final formulation at a temperature of about 2.degree.-8.degree. C. for up to about two weeks.
6. The process of claim 1, further comprising lyophilizing the final formulation.
7. The process of claim 6 further comprising reconstituting the lyophilized formulation with water.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.