Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Method of formulating IGF-I with growth hormone|
|Abstract:||A formulation for IGF-I is disclosed that is useful in treating hyperglycemic disorders and, in combination with growth hormone, in enhancing growth of a mammal. Also disclosed is a process for preparing a formulation of growth hormone and IGF-I from the IGF-I formulation. The IGF-I formulation comprises about 2-20 mg/ml of IGF-I, about 2-50 mg/ml of an osmolyte, about 1-15 mg/ml of a stabilizer, and a buffered solution at about pH 5-5.5, optionally with a surfactant.|
|Inventor(s):||Clark; Ross G. (Pacifica, CA), Yeung; Douglas A. (Fremont, CA), Oeswein; James Q. (Moss Beach, CA)|
|Assignee:||Genentech, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 02, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A process for preparing a formulation comprising mixing an IGF-I-containing composition comprising about 2-20 mg/ml of IGF-I, about 2-50 mg/ml of an osmolyte, about 1-15 mg/ml of a stabilizer, and a buffered solution at about pH. 5-5.5 with a buffered solution comprising growth hormone at pH about 6 in a dose (mg) ratio of from about 2:1 to 100:1 IGF-I:growth hormone up to a dose no greater than about 5 mg/ml of growth hormone. |
2. The process of claim 1 wherein the osmolyte in the IGF-I-containing composition is sodium chloride or mannitol and the stabilizer is benzyl alcohol or phenol or both.
3. The process of claim 2 wherein the buffered solution of growth hormone comprises about 1 to 10 mg/ml growth hormone in about 5 to 15 mg/ml of an inorganic salt, about 1-5 mg/ml of a stabilizer, about 1-5 mg/ml of a surfactant, and sodium citrate buffer at about pH 6.
4. The process of claim 3 wherein the buffered solution of growth hormone comprises about 3-5 mg/ml growth hormone, about 8-9 mg/ml of sodium chloride, about 1-3 mg/ml of phenol, about 1-3 mg/ml of polysorbate 20, and about 10 mM sodium citrate, about pH 6.
5. The process of claim 1 further comprising storing the final formulation at a temperature of about 2.degree.-8.degree. C. for up to about two weeks.
6. The process of claim 1, further comprising lyophilizing the final formulation.
7. The process of claim 6 further comprising reconstituting the lyophilized formulation with water.