Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Ligands of thrombin|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification of nuclei acid ligand solutions to thrombin. The present invention utilizes the SELEX (Systematic Evolution of Ligands for EXponential enrichment) method for identifying and preparing RNA ligands to thrombin. Further included in the present invention are modified nucleotide sequences based on the sequences of the RNA ligands identified. The modified RNA ligands to thrombin exhibit increased in vivo stability.|
|Inventor(s):||Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO), Tasset; Diane (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||Nexstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 06, 1992|
|Claims:||1. A method for identifying nucleic acid ligands to thrombin comprising: |
a) preparing a candidate mixture of RNA nucleic acids;
b) contacting the candidate mixture with thrombin, wherein RNA nucleic acids having an increased affinity to thrombin relative to the candidate mixture RNA nucleic acids may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning the increased affinity RNA nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
d) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids, in vitro, to yield a ligand-enriched mixture of RNA nucleic acids, whereby RNA nucleic acid ligands to thrombin may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising
e) repeating steps b), c) and d).
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture of RNA nucleic acids is comprised of single stranded nucleic acids.
4. A nucleic acid ligand to thrombin identified according to the method of claim 1.
5. The nucleic acid ligand of claim 4 being a single stranded nucleic acid.
6. A purified and isolated non-naturally occurring RNA ligand to thrombin wherein the nucleotide sequence of said RNA ligand is selected from the group consisting of the nucleotide sequences set forth in FIG. 1.
7. The RNA ligand of claim 6 consisting of the nucleotide sequence (SEQ ID NO:2):
8. The RNA ligand of claim 6 consisting of having the nucleotide sequence (SEQ ID NO:3):
9. The RNA ligand of claim 6 identified by the method of claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.