Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Stable microbubbles suspensions injectable into living organisms|
|Abstract:||Gas or air filled microbubble suspensions in aqueous phase usable as imaging contrast agents in ultrasonic echography. They contain laminarized surfactants and, optionally, hydrophilic stabilizers. The laminarized surfactants can be in the form of liposomes. The suspensions are obtained by exposing the laminarized surfactants to air or a gas before or after admixing with an aqueous phase.|
|Inventor(s):||Schneider; Michel (Troinex, CH), Bichon; Daniel (Montpellier, FR), Bussat; Philippe (Collonge S/Saleve, FR), Puginier; Jerome (Le Chable-Beaumont, FR), Hybl-Sutherland; Eva (Wiesbaden, DE)|
|Assignee:||Bracco International B.V. (Amsterdam, NL)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 29, 1993|
|Claims:||1. A dry pulverulent formulation which, upon dissolution in water, will form an aqueous suspension of microbubbles for ultrasonic echography, said formulation comprising one or more film forming surfactants selected from the group consisting of phosphatidic acid, phosphatidyl-choline, phosphatidyl-serine, phosphatidyl-ethanolamine, phosphatidyl-glycerol, phosphatidyl-inositol, cardiolipin, sphingomyelin, cholesterol, ergosterol, phytosterol, sitosterol, lanosterol, tocopherol, dicetyl-phosphate, propyl gallate, ascorbyl palmitate, butylated hydroxy-toluene and mixtures thereof in laminar form and one or more hydrosoluble stabilizers selected from the group consisting of linear and cross-linked poly- and oligosaccharides, sugars and hydrophilic polymers. |
2. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said surfactants comprise up to 50% by weight non-laminar surfactants selected from the group consisting of fatty acids, esters, ethers of fatty acids, alcohols with polyols and polyalkylenated glycerol.
3. The formulation of claim 2, wherein said surfactants comprise polyalkylene glycols and polyalkylenated sugars.
4. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the hydrosoluble stabilizers are present in a weight ratio to the surfactants of between about 1:5 to 100:1.
5. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the suspension contains about 10.sup.7 -10.sup.11 microbubbles/ml of 0.5-10 .mu.m size/ml.
6. The formulation of claim 5, wherein the suspension contains about 10.sup.8 -10.sup.9 microbubbles/ml.
7. The formulation of claim 1, in which the surfactants in laminar form are in the form of fine layers deposited on the surface of soluble or insoluble solid particulate material.
8. The formulation of claim 7, in which the insoluble solid particles are glass or polymer beads.
9. The formulation of claim 7, in which the soluble particles are made of hydrosoluble carbohydrates, polysaccharides, synthetic polymers, albumin, gelatin or Iopamidol.
10. The formulation of claim 1, comprising freeze-dried lyposomes.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.