DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,950,039
|Title:||Insulin glargine/lixisenatide fixed ratio formulation|
|Abstract:||The present invention refers to a pharmaceutical composition comprising (a) lixisenatide or/and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and (b) insulin glargine or/and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein the compound (b) and compound (a) are present in a fixed ratio.|
|Inventor(s):||Souhami; Elisabeth (Paris, FR), Silvestre; Louise (Paris, FR)|
|Assignee:||SANOFI-AVENTIS DEUTSCHLAND GMBH (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A method of improving glycemic control in a patient with type 2 diabetes mellitus in need thereof, the method comprising administering to the patient a
pharmaceutical composition comprising: (a) lixisenatide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof at a concentration of 33 .mu.g/mL, and (b) insulin glargine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof at a concentration of 100 U/mL wherein the
patient's type 2 diabetes mellitus is inadequately controlled by treatment with lixisenatide.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is administered to the patient parenterally.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient has a glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) value between about 7% and about 10% when treated with lixisenatide.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient's type 2 diabetes mellitus is inadequately controlled when treated with lixisenatide at the onset of treatment with the pharmaceutical composition.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient's type 2 diabetes mellitus is inadequately controlled when treated with lixisenatide and metformin.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient's type 2 diabetes mellitus is inadequately controlled when treated with lixisenatide, metformin, and a second oral antidiabetic drug (OAD).
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the second OAD is a sulfonylurea, a dipeptidyl-peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitor, a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT-2) inhibitor, a glinide, or a combination thereof.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.