|Title:||Method for on-demand contraception|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a method for on-demand contraception, which method comprises administering a progestogen agent or progesterone receptor modulator, such as 17a-acetoxy-11b-(4-N,N-dimethylamino-phenyl)-19-norpregna-4,9-diene-3,20-- dione (ulipristal acetate) in a woman, within 72 hours before an intercourse or within 120 hours after the intercourse.|
|Inventor(s):||Ulmann; Andre (Paris, FR), Gainer; Erin (Chardonne, CH), Mathe; Henri Camille (Paris, FR), Blithe; Diana (Silver Spring, MD), Nieman; Lynnette (Bethesda, MD)|
|Assignee:||LABORATOIRE HRA-PHARMA (Paris, FR) The United States of America, as represented by the Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC)|
1. A method for contraception comprising the step of administering 30 mg of ulipristal acetate to a woman more than 72 hours and up to 120 hours after an unprotected
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the administration is oral.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein ulipristal acetate is administered as an oral solid dosage form.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the oral solid dosage form is a tablet.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein ulipristal acetate is administered as an immediate-release formulation.