|Title:||Method for on-demand contraception|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a method for on-demand contraception, which method comprises administering a progestogen agent or progesterone receptor modulator, such as 17a-acetoxy-11b-(4-N,N-dimethylamino-phenyl)-19-norpregna-4,9-diene-3,20-- dione (ulipristal acetate) in a woman, within 72 hours before an intercourse or within 120 hours after the intercourse.|
|Inventor(s):||Ulmann; Andre (Paris, FR), Gainer; Erin (Chardonne, CH), Mathe; Henri Camille (Paris, FR), Blithe; Diana (Silver Spring, MD), Nieman; Lynnette (Bethesda, MD)|
|Assignee:||LABORATOIRE HRA-PHARMA (Paris, FR) The United States of America, as represented by the Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC)|
1. A method for contraception comprising the step of administering 30 mg of ulipristal acetate to a woman more than 72 hours and up to 120 hours after an unprotected
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the administration is oral.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein ulipristal acetate is administered as an oral solid dosage form.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the oral solid dosage form is a tablet.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein ulipristal acetate is administered as an immediate-release formulation.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.