Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Relating to a pen-type injector|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to injectors, such as pen-type injectors, that provide for administration of medicinal products from a multidose-cartridge and permit a user to set the delivery dose. The injector may include a housing, a piston rod adapted to operate through the housing, a dose dial sleeve located between the housing and the piston rod, and a drive sleeve located between the dose dial sleeve and the piston rod. The dose dial sleeve may have a helical thread of first lead and the drive sleeve may have a helical groove of second lead. The first lead of the helical thread and the second lead of the helical groove may be the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Veasey; Robert Frederick (Warwickshire, GB), Perkins; Robert (Warwickshire, GB), Plumptre; David Aubrey (Worcestershire, GB)|
|Assignee:||SANOFI-AVENTIS DEUTSCHLAND GMBH (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A drive mechanism for use in a drug delivery device comprising: a housing comprising an inner surface and an insert that is rotationally and axially fixed relative
to the housing; a drive sleeve having an outer surface, where a first end of the drive sleeve comprises a first radially extending flange and a second radially extending flange, where threads are disposed on the outer surface between the flanges and the
first flange is configured to conform to a second side of the insert; and a nut threadedly engaged with the threads on the outer surface of drive sleeve between the two radially extending flanges, where the nut has an outer surface keyed to the inner
surface of the housing to prevent relative rotation between the nut and the housing while allowing relative longitudinal movement between the nut and the housing and where the nut translates distally relative to the drive sleeve during dose setting and
is axially fixed relative to the drive sleeve during dose delivery.
2. The drive mechanism of claim 1 further characterized in that the nut has a radial stop on a second side that engages a corresponding stop on a first side of the second flange when the nut has reached a final dose dispensed position.
3. The drive mechanism of claim 1 where the nut has a stop on a first side that is configured to engage a radial stop on a second side of the first flange at a cartridge full position.
4. The drive mechanism of claim 3 where the threads on the outer surface of the drive sleeve between the two radially extending flanges is a part thread.
5. The drive mechanism of claim 4 further characterized in that the advance of the nut is proportional to a dialed dose.
6. The drive mechanism of claim 5 where the nut is a half nut configured to allow attachment to the outer surface of the drive sleeve between the two radially extending flanges.
7. The drive mechanism of claim 4 where the nut is configured to advance distally along the part thread when the drive sleeve is rotated during dose setting.
8. The drive mechanism of claim 6 where the nut is configured to advance proximally along the part thread when the drive sleeve is rotated to reduce an inadvertently set dose.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.