DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,846,066
|Title:||Methods and related compositions for reduction of fat and skin tightening|
|Abstract:||Compositions and methods useful in the reduction of localized fat deposits and tightening of loose skin in subjects in need thereof using pharmacologically active detergents are disclosed. The pharmacologically active detergent compositions can additionally include anti-inflammatory agents, analgesics, dispersion or anti-dispersion agents and pharmaceutically acceptable excipients. The pharmacologically active detergent compositions are useful for treating localized accumulations of fat including, for example, lower eyelid fat herniation, lipodystrophy and fat deposits associated with cellulite and do not require surgical procedures such as liposuction.|
|Inventor(s):||Kolodney; Michael S. (Santa Monica, CA), Rotunda; Adam M. (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Assignee:||The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center (Torrance, CA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,846,066|
1. A method for treating a benign, isolated collection of adipose tissue which method comprises injection of an effective amount of a composition comprising deoxycholate in
the absence of phosphatidylcholine into the tissue under conditions wherein the size of said tissue is reduced.
2. A method for treating a lipoma which method comprises injection of an effective amount of a composition comprising deoxycholate in the absence of phosphatidylcholine into the lipoma under conditions wherein the size of said lipoma is reduced.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said deoxycholate composition is administered as a solution.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said solution comprises a concentration of deoxycholate of from 1 to 5 percent.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein said solution comprises a concentration of deoxycholate is 1 percent.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said composition is administered to the patient more than once.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said deoxycholate is sodium deoxycholate.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.