Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of treating thermoregulatory disfunction with paroxetine|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a method for treating a patient suffering from a thermoregulatory dysfunction, especially hot flashes and flushes associated with hormonal changes due to naturally occurring menopause (whether male or female) or due to chemically or surgically induced menopause. The method is also applicable to treating the hot flashes, hot flushes, or night sweats associated with disease states that disrupt normal hormonal regulation of body temperature.|
|Inventor(s):||Richards; Patricia Allison Tewes (Scarsdale, NY)|
|Assignee:||Noven Therapeutics, LLC (Miami, FL)|
1. A method for treating a patient suffering from a thermoregulatory dysfunction associated with menopause comprising administering paroxetine mesylate to said patient
in an amount, based on the paroxetine moiety, of 7.5 mg/day.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said thermoregulatory dysfunction is a condition selected from the group consisting of hot flashes, hot flushes, night sweats and combinations thereof.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the paroxetine mesylate is in a crystalline form.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the paroxetine mesylate is in an amorphous form.
5. A method for treating a patient suffering from a thermoregulatory dysfunction associated with menopause comprising administering paroxetine to said patient, wherein said paroxetine is in the form of a pharmaceutically acceptable mesylate salt, in amorphous or crystalline form, and mixtures thereof, wherein said paroxetine mesylate is administered in an amount, based on the paroxetine moiety, of 7.5 mg/day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.