DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,586,551
|Title:||18-membered macrocycles and analogs thereof|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates generally to the 18-membered macrocyclic antimicrobial agents called Tiacumicins, specifically, OPT-80 (which is composed almost entirely of the R-Tiacumicin B), pharmaceutical compositions comprising OPT-80, and methods using OPT-80. In particular, this compound is a potent drug for the treatment of bacterial infections, specifically C. difficile infections.|
|Inventor(s):||Shue; Youe-Kong (Carlsbad, CA), Hwang; Chan-Kou (San Diego, CA), Chiu; Yu-Hung (San Diego, CA), Romero; Alex (San Diego, CA), Babakhani; Farah (San Diego, CA), Sears; Pamela (San Diego, CA), Okumu; Franklin (Oakland, CA)|
|Assignee:||Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Jersey City, NJ)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,586,551|
1. An isolated compound having the formula: ##STR00023## free from other stereoisomers of the compound.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound of claim 1 or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2, further comprising one or more pharmaceutically acceptable carriers.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 3, wherein the composition is formulated for oral administration.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4, wherein the composition is formulated as a tablet.
6. A pharmaceutical composition consisting of the compound of claim 1 or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof and one or more pharmaceutically acceptable carriers.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.