Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Enterically coated cysteamine, cystamine and derivatives thereof|
|Abstract:||The disclosure provides oral cysteamine and cystamine formulations useful for treating cystinosis and neurodegenerative diseases and disorders. The formulations provide controlled release compositions that improve quality of life and reduced side-effects.|
|Inventor(s):||Dohil; Ranjan (San Diego, CA), Schneider; Jerry (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA)|
1. A composition comprising (a) cysteamine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, or cystamine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and (b) one or more
materials that provide increased delivery of cysteamine or cystamine to the small intestine.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein said material is an enteric coating selected from the group consisting of polymerized gelatin, shellac, methacrylic acid copolymer type CNF, cellulose butyrate phthalate, cellulose hydrogen phthalate, cellulose proprionate phthalate, polyvinyl acetate phthalate (PVAP), cellulose acetate phthalate (CAP), cellulose acetate trimellitate (CAT), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose phthalate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate, dioxypropyl methylcellulose succinate, carboxymethyl ethylcellulose (CMEC), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate succinate (HPMCAS), and acrylic acid polymers and copolymers formed from methyl acrylate, ethyl acrylate, methyl methacrylate and/or ethyl methacrylate with copolymers of acrylic and methacrylic acid esters.
3. The composition of claim 1 or 2, wherein the material increases delivery of the cystamine or cysteamine to a region of the gastrointestinal tract of a subject in which the pH is greater than pH 4.5.
4. The composition of claim 1 or 2, wherein the material increases delivery of the cystamine or cysteamine to a region of the gastrointestinal tract of a subject in which the pH is between 4.5 and 6.5.
5. The composition of claim 1 or 2, wherein the materials increase delivery to the proximal or mid-small intestine or both.
6. The composition of claim 1 or 2, wherein the materials increase delivery to one or more of the duodenum, jejunum or mid-ileum.
7. The composition of claim 3 wherein the coating material begins to dissolve in an aqueous solution at pH between about 4.5 to about 5.5.
8. A composition comprising an enterically coated cysteamine, or cysteamine derivative, or cystamine or cystamine derivative.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.