DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,790,755
|Title:||Controlled release preparation|
|Abstract:||A controlled release preparation wherein the release of active ingredient is controlled, which releases an active ingredient for an extended period of time by staying or slowly migrating in the gastrointestinal tract, is provided by means such as capsulating a tablet, granule or fine granule wherein the release of active ingredient is controlled and a gel-forming polymer. Said tablet, granule or fine granule has a release-controlled coating-layer formed on a core particle containing an active ingredient.|
|Inventor(s):||Akiyama; Yohko (Osaka, JP), Kurasawa; Takashi (Osaka, JP), Bando; Hiroto (Osaka, JP), Nagahara; Naoki (Osaka, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Osaka, JP)|
1. A capsule comprising: composition (i) comprising a tablet, granule or fine granule in which a release of an active ingredient is controlled; said tablet, granule or
fine granule comprising a core particle containing an imidazole compound represented by formula (I'): ##STR00141## wherein ring C' is an optionally substituted benzene ring or an optionally substituted aromatic monocyclic heterocyclic ring, R.sup.0 is a
hydrogen atom, an optionally substituted aralkyl group, acyl group or acyloxy group, R.sup.1, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are the same or different and are a hydrogen atom, an optionally substituted alkyl group, an optionally substituted alkoxy group or an
optionally substituted amino group, and Y represents a nitrogen atom or CH; or a salt thereof or an optically active isomer thereof as the active ingredient, and a pH-dependently soluble release-controlled coating-layer which comprises one kind of
polymeric substance or a mixture of two or more kinds of polymeric substances having different release properties selected from the group consisting of hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose phthalate, cellulose acetate phthalate, carboxymethylethyl cellulose,
methyl methacrylate-methacrylic acid copolymer, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer, methacrylic acid-methyl acrylate-methyl methacrylate copolymer, hydroxypropyl cellulose acetate succinate, polyvinyl acetate phthalate and shellac; said polymeric
substance is soluble in the pH range of 6.0 to 7.5, and composition (ii) comprising a tablet, granule or fine granule comprising a core particle containing the active ingredient and enteric coat such that the active ingredient is released in the pH range
of no less than 5.0 to no more than 6.0.
2. The capsule according to claim 1, wherein the pH-dependently soluble release-controlled coating-layer is formed on an intermediate layer which is formed on the core particle containing the active ingredient.
3. The capsule according to claim 1, wherein the active ingredient is lansoprazole.
4. The capsule according to claim 1, wherein the active ingredient is an optically active R-isomer of lansoprazole.
5. The capsule according to claim 1, wherein the active ingredient is an optically active S-isomer of lansoprazole.
6. The capsule according to claim 1, wherein the core particles, which contain the active ingredient and are included in the tablets, granules or fine granules of composition (i) and composition (ii), further contain a basic inorganic salt stabilizer.
7. The capsule according to claim 1, wherein the pH-dependently soluble release-controlled coating-layer of the tablet, granule or fine granule in which the release of the active ingredient is controlled is a layer soluble in the pH range of no less than 6.5 to no more than 7.0.
8. The capsule according to claim 7, wherein the pH-dependently soluble release-controlled coating-layer contains a mixture of two or more kinds of methyl methacrylate-methacrylic acid copolymers having different release properties.
9. The capsule according to claim 1, which further contains a gel-forming polymer.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.