Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Boron-containing small molecules|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to compounds useful for treating fungal infections, more specifically topical treatment of onychomycosis and/or cutaneous fungal infections. This invention is directed to compounds that are active against fungi and have properties that allow the compound, when placed in contact with a patient, to reach the particular part of the skin, nail, hair, claw or hoof infected by the fungus. In particular the present compounds have physiochemical properties that facilitate penetration of the nail plate.|
|Inventor(s):||Baker; Stephen J. (Mountain View, CA), Akama; Tsutomu (Sunnyvale, CA), Hernandez; Vincent S. (Watsonville, CA), Hold; Karin M. (Belmont, CA), Maples; Kirk R. (San Jose, CA), Plattner; Jacob J. (Berkeley, CA), Sanders; Virginia (San Francisco, CA), Zhang; Yong-Kang (San Jose, CA), Fieldson; Gregory (Morgantown, WV)|
|Assignee:||Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation, comprising: (a) 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole, or a salt thereof; and (b) a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient
wherein said pharmaceutical formulation is for topical administration to an animal suffering from an infection by a microorganism.
2. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said formulation is a member selected from a lacquer, lotion, cream, gel, ointment and spray.
3. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said formulation is a lacquer.
4. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said formulation further comprises one or more members selected from an emulsifier, emollient, antioxidant, preservative, chelating agent, neutralizing agent, viscosity increasing agent, nail penetration enhancer, anti-inflammatory agent, vitamin, niacinamide, sunscreen and salicylic acid.
5. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said formulation comprises one or more members selected from ethanol and propylene glycol.
6. The formulation of claim 1, comprising: about propylene glycol:ethanol in a ratio of about 1:4, and about 1:10 wt/volume of said 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole.
7. The formulation of claim 1, comprising: about 70% ethanol; about 20% poly(vinyl methyl ether-alt-maleic acid monobutyl ester) and about 10% of said 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole.
8. The formulation of claim 1, comprising: about 56% ethanol; about 14% water; about 15% poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate); about 5% dibutyl sebacate and about 10% of said 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole.
9. The formulation of claim 1, comprising: about 55% ethanol; about 15% ethyl acetate; about 15% poly(vinyl acetate); about 5% dibutyl sebacate and about 10% 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole.
10. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole is present in said formulation in a concentration from about 0.5% to about 15% w/v.
11. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said 1,3-dihydro-5-fluoro-1-hydroxy-2,1-benzoxaborole, or salt thereof, is present in a form which is a member selected from a hydrate with water, a solvate with an alcohol, an adduct with an amino compound, and an adduct with an acid.
12. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said formulation is in a cosmetically effective amount.
13. The formulation of claim 1, wherein a site of said topical administration is skin or nail or hair or skin surrounding the nail or skin surrounding the hair.
14. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the microorganism is a fungus or a yeast.
15. The formulation of claim 14, wherein said fungus or yeast is a member selected from Candida species, Trichophyton species, Microsporium species, Aspergillus species, Cryptococcus species, Blastomyces species, Cocciodiodes species, Histoplasma species, Paracoccidiodes species, Phycomycetes species, Malassezia species, Fusarium species, Epidermophyton species, Scytalidium species, Scopulariopsis species, Alternaria species, Penicillium species, Phialophora species, Rhizopus species, Scedosporium species and Zygomycetes species.
16. The formulation of claim 14, wherein said fungus or yeast is a member selected from Aspergilus fumigatus, Blastomyces dermatitidis, Candida albicans, Candida glabrata, Candida krusei, Cryptococcus neoformans, Candida parapsilosis, Candida tropicalis, Cocciodiodes immitis, Epidermophyton floccosum, Fusarium solani, Histoplasma capsulatum, Malassezia furfur, Malassezia pachydermatis, Malassezia sympodialis, Microsporum audouinii, Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum, Paracoccidiodes brasiliensis, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Trichophyton rubrum and Trichophyton tonsurans.
17. The formulation of claim 14, wherein said fungus or yeast is a member selected from Trichophyton concentricum, Trichophyton violaceum, Trichophyton schoenleinii, Trichophyton verrucosum, Trichophyton soudanense, Microsporum gypseum, Microsporum equinum, Candida guilliermondii, Malassezia globosa, Malassezia obtuse, Malassezia restricta, Malassezia slooffiae and Aspergillus flavus.
18. The formulation of claim 14, wherein said fungus or yeast is a dermatophyte.
19. The formulation of claim 14, wherein said fungus or yeast is a member selected from Tinea unguium, Trichophyton rubrum and Trichophyton mentagrophytes.
20. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the infection is a cutaneous infection.
21. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the infection is a member selected from an ungual, periungual and subungual infection.
22. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the infection is onychomycosis.
23. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the animal is a human.
24. The formulation of claim 1, wherein said formulation is in a therapeutically effective amount.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.