DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,256,216
|Title:||Liquid pharmaceutical compositions|
|Abstract:||A liquid pharmaceutical composition of a GABA analog comprising at least one polyhydric alcohol containing 2 to 6 carbon atoms having a pH of about 5.5 to about 7.0 and additionally a two-component liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising a first component comprising a powder mixture comprising a GABA analog and a solid polyhydric alcohol, and a second component comprising a liquid base are described, as well as methods to prepare the compositions and a method for treating cerebral diseases, including epilepsy, faintness attacks, hypokinesia and cranial traumas, neurodegenerative disorders, depression, mania and bipolar disorders, anxiety, panic, inflammation, renal colic, insomnia, gastrointestinal damage, incontinence, pain, including neuropathic pain, muscular pain, skeletal pain, and migraine using a therapeutically effective amount of the pharmaceutical compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Kulkarni; Neema M. (Randolph, NJ), Schneider; Michael (Denzlingen, DE), Silbering; Steven B. (Forest Hills, NY), Meyer-Wonnay; Hans (Emmendingen, DE), Sanii-Yahyai; Nahid (Ann Arbor, MI)|
|Assignee:||Warner-Lambert Company LLC (|
1. A liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising: an amino acid selected from the group consisting of gabapentin and pregabalin; one or more polyhydric alcohols, each
containing 2 to 6 carbon atoms; and water; wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols comprises about 25 g to about 75 g per 100 mL of the composition and the composition has a pH of about 5.5 to 7.0.
2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols each contains 3 to 5 carbon atoms.
3. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols are selected from the group consisting of: glycerol, xylitol, sorbitol, mannitol, and mixtures thereof, and wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols comprises about 40 g to about 75 g per 100 mL of the composition.
4. The composition according to claim 1, comprising one or both of: a preservative and a flavor improver, wherein the flavor improver does not contain an aldehyde or keto functionality.
5. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the amino acid is gabapentin.
6. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the composition has less than 0.5% by weight of the corresponding lactam of the amino acid.
7. The composition of claim 1, wherein the amino acid is gabapentin, and the composition contains less than 0.5% weight/weight of gabapentin lactam after storage at 2.degree. C. to 10.degree. C. for 18 months to 2 years.
8. The composition of claim 1, wherein the amino acid is gabapentin, the one or more polyhydric alcohols is selected from the group consisting of xylitol, glycerol and mixtures thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally: