Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Liquid pharmaceutical compositions|
|Abstract:||A liquid pharmaceutical composition of a GABA analog comprising at least one polyhydric alcohol containing 2 to 6 carbon atoms having a pH of about 5.5 to about 7.0 and additionally a two-component liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising a first component comprising a powder mixture comprising a GABA analog and a solid polyhydric alcohol, and a second component comprising a liquid base are described, as well as methods to prepare the compositions and a method for treating cerebral diseases, including epilepsy, faintness attacks, hypokinesia and cranial traumas, neurodegenerative disorders, depression, mania and bipolar disorders, anxiety, panic, inflammation, renal colic, insomnia, gastrointestinal damage, incontinence, pain, including neuropathic pain, muscular pain, skeletal pain, and migraine using a therapeutically effective amount of the pharmaceutical compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Kulkarni; Neema M. (Randolph, NJ), Schneider; Michael (Denzlingen, DE), Silbering; Steven B. (Forest Hills, NY), Meyer-Wonnay; Hans (Emmendingen, DE), Sanii-Yahyai; Nahid (Ann Arbor, MI)|
|Assignee:||Warner-Lambert Company LLC (|
1. A liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising: an amino acid selected from the group consisting of gabapentin and pregabalin; one or more polyhydric alcohols, each
containing 2 to 6 carbon atoms; and water; wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols comprises about 25 g to about 75 g per 100 mL of the composition and the composition has a pH of about 5.5 to 7.0.
2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols each contains 3 to 5 carbon atoms.
3. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols are selected from the group consisting of: glycerol, xylitol, sorbitol, mannitol, and mixtures thereof, and wherein the one or more polyhydric alcohols comprises about 40 g to about 75 g per 100 mL of the composition.
4. The composition according to claim 1, comprising one or both of: a preservative and a flavor improver, wherein the flavor improver does not contain an aldehyde or keto functionality.
5. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the amino acid is gabapentin.
6. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the composition has less than 0.5% by weight of the corresponding lactam of the amino acid.
7. The composition of claim 1, wherein the amino acid is gabapentin, and the composition contains less than 0.5% weight/weight of gabapentin lactam after storage at 2.degree. C. to 10.degree. C. for 18 months to 2 years.
8. The composition of claim 1, wherein the amino acid is gabapentin, the one or more polyhydric alcohols is selected from the group consisting of xylitol, glycerol and mixtures thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.